Underused color combinations?

worst. jersey. ever.

It might be easier to make a list of Overused colors....

Blue is way overused at the Proffesional level IMO, even though Navy is in fact my favorite color for a sports team. (Both my HS and College alma matters had Navy as their Primary).

funny you mention overuse...for the heck of it, here goes:

baseball...one color by itself, I think navy ties with black. combos wise, navy and red, definitely.

basketball...purple had gotten overused, now it looks like navy's the new purple :hockeysmiley: and yellow alt jerseys got old when 5 teams rolled em out at the same time, as much as I hate to say it.

hockey...red and black. yall know, especially in the East. It was fine when it was just the Blackhawks and Devils...I gotta *hurls* give credit to the Red Wings for not adding black to their uniform *hurls again*

football...again, like baseball black ties with navy for overuse. and again, liek baseball, red and blue combos seem overused.

English soccer...saintsfan can vouch for me on this: every other club in England wears a red (or red-striped) home shirt, and with a lot of em, the socks and/or shorts are also red. like here, there's also a hell of a lot of blue, though the preferred shade's still royal, not navy.

Australian football...an astounding similarity to here: black overkill, with navy a close second. of the 10 Melbourne clubs, 7 of em (Essendon, Melbourne, Richmond, Collingwood, Geelong, St. Kilda, Carlton) wear either primarily black or navy jumpers, and then add West Coast, Adelaide and Port Adelaide to that mix.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 of my favorite color schemes are under-used...

blue, yellow, and green... like brazillian soccer...

and

brown and gold

i use brown and red on a few of my fantasy teams, because they're my 2 favorite colors.

and for the claret and blue fans in this thread..... yuck. maybe it's just because i'm a rovers fan, who associates claret and blue with the "dingles" of burnley... but yuck. for some reason, those colors together just look gross to me.

i'd also love to see the titans minimize the navy (but still use it, in the same way the lions use black), so they look more like a modern houston oilers.

Archived