Cleveland Indians logos

HatManTC

I have come to notice there are a bunch of people that either are from OHIO or support the Ohio based teams on this message board. i wanted to get your opinions on the current verisions of the Inidans hats that they are wearing on the field. i grew up with the HUGE chief Wahoo. with an actual navy color. that too me is what Indians baseball is all about. but now they are using what i love to refer as "Smurf Blue" and a small chief wahoo with gold flare. and dont get me started on that cursive "I". was anyone else upset with the changes? or did you just take it like a man and go along with it?

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I have become a bit more comfortable with the smaller wahoo.

The SILVER accents are fairly sharp looking, but our uniforms with the piping and layout and even the sleeveless softball crap are just MLB templates (see rangers, devil rays et al)

I really dislike the "I" logo. If they change the wahoo, which for political reasons would be understandable I hope they go to a C. I wear my 70s C hat and if I could find a decent 80s block C hat I'd wear that!

fade.gif

Personally I prefer a white wishbone "C" on a red hat.

pMLB2-1669883dt.jpg

Like that one.

hmm i have a feeling i seen that one somewhere, but i cant place my finger on it....i know it wasnt on a winning team thats for sure

i have seen some fashion red indian hats that i really like

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I don't like the cursive I hats. I prefer the bigger chief wahoo. The truth is it's time to get a new hat. I am not really into being part of the PC police but maybe we could show a little restraint by taking Wahoo off the hats at least.

I really liked the old "wishbone" C hats they wore in the 60's but in todays' climate there is no way they can go to what would be a blue version of The Reds hat. I never cared for the "indian" font C from 75. I think it would be cool if they did a hat similar to the Rockies where they incorporated a c and an i. The problem with that is that c and i probably wouldn't work real well as a combination. The I is a little limited in what you can do with it.

So I guess that leaves us with the old block C. Not a bad hat but not especially exciting either.

BB52Big.jpg

PAAAAABDAGIEEGCJ.jpg

Distantreplays.com

is that the one you are looking for?

is this the one you have? PAAAAAPEEJJLKFAF.jpgDistantreplays.com

or this one(got this one only its a NEW ERA, and its a bit tight now)

pMLB2-108145reg.jpg

Indian shop

I personally like that wishbone C with wahoo in the middle. I had the old school wool type of that hat when I bought it at the Jake a few years ago. I can see them going to that hat and not getting any grief about stealing the identity of the Reds.

Archived