Troy Aikman action figure

Gothamite

I was in a comic shop the other day and saw that the McFarlane "NFL Legends" action figures are out.

This includes a Troy Aikman figure. I'm sure that everyone here appreciates the attention to detail, especially in the paint job:

nfllegends1_taikman_photo_01_dp.jpg

Exhibit "A" in jumbled colors.

If this doesn't convince the Cowboys to fix this color mess, nothing will. (Hint: nothing will.)

I was in a comic shop the other day and saw that the McFarlane "NFL Legends" action figures are out.

This includes a Troy Aikman figure. I'm sure that everyone here appreciates the attention to detail, especially in the paint job:

nfllegends1_taikman_photo_01_dp.jpg

Exhibit "A" in jumbled colors.

If this doesn't convince the Cowboys to fix this color mess, nothing will. (Hint: nothing will.)

Yeah it's a "color" mess but so what. Those are great uniforms period.

BB52Big.jpg

Do they have Dan Marino or Brett Favre?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Do they have Dan Marino or Brett Favre?

There are three Favre figures:

Third version (2005)

Second version (2003)

First version (2002)

There's also two 12-inch figures. The first 12-inch figure, seems to be a larger version of the first figure. The second 12-inch figure comes in road whites.

No Marino so far as I can tell. He'd be a good candidate for the Legends series. Personally, I'd like to see a Bart Starr figure as well.

nfll1aikman_v.jpg

There are 2 Aikman Legends figures. The first one was shown by Gothamite, but there is an alternate, with Aikman in the blue jersey, with the pants a different gray than the white version. THAT is attention to detail.

However, I'm not sure I remember the NFL Authentic logo at the base of the collar during the Aikman era. It's on both versions, and there aren't any manufacturers logos on the jersey or pants (he does wear Nike cleats, however).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

nfll1aikman_v.jpg

There are 2 Aikman Legends figures. The first one was shown by Gothamite, but there is an alternate, with Aikman in the blue jersey, with the pants a different gray than the white version. THAT is attention to detail.

However, I'm not sure I remember the NFL Authentic logo at the base of the collar during the Aikman era. It's on both versions, and there aren't any manufacturers logos on the jersey or pants (he does wear Nike cleats, however).

Good catch. Didn't see that alternate.

The NFL shield was added to the uniforms in 1991, so it makes sense on Troy's jersey.

I'm guessing that the lack of manufacturers' logos might have something to do with Reebok's exclusivity? They can depict other footwear logos on footwear but not jerseys?

Reebok logos are all over the place on modern-era figures. Any jersey that should have a different logo doesn't have any logo at all.

I saw both Aikman versions at a local Newbury Comics (a music store that started out selling comic books, but now is more like Spencer Gifts). The white jersey was $12.99, the blue was $24.99. If that's the NFL shield, then that makes more sense.

I don't know what specific season the Aikman figures are re-enacting. I think the Cowboys had Apex logos on them during the 90s before putting the Nike Swoosh on them instead.

Newbury Comics gets a lot of the alt. jersey figures. I remember seeing both home and away Nomar and Manny figures, and a few versions of the Dr. J Legends figures as well.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived