Chicago Blast Concept

AAO

In an attempt to remove the WNBA from wussy names like Sky, I came up with this, of course with a reference to the Great Chicago Fire, but I tried avoiding using names directly from Fire. After completion, I realized it had a bit resemblence to the Detroit Shock, and I was kinda angry. The Shock don't have smoke in their logo, and the actual shock effect in the logo is more evenly distributed, following a form, whereas mine is all over. Created my own font for "Blast." But, here it is anyway:

CompleteConcept-ChicagoBlast.gif

your logo is much better than the shock's logo..... but i really do see too much of a resemblance, like you said...

if i were you, i'd just change the text on there, to say detroit shock, and call it a logo update :P but i'm lazy.

Without comparing it to the Detroit Shock logo, your logo is very sweet. I'm just not a a fan of the color combo, I you could choose a better combination. The only thing that I don't like about the secondary is that you chose a different font from any of the letters your used in the primary.

Those are my only gripes on what is otherwise a nice piece of work.

** And what are you calling yourself these days? You should start a thread that just updates with what you are calling yourself. You have had almost as many names as the number of shows that were on in place of Family Guy from when it was cancelled and when it returned...(I am referencing the first episode from the 4th season...) :P

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

Your logo lacks the balance that the Shock logo has. Your bolts are too irregular and sporadic; especially that big one that really makes your logo top- and left-heavy. The concept of your C secondary is more visually appealing than the Shock's secondary, but again, it lacks the implied balance and symmetry. Great typeface, by the way.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Your logo lacks the balance that the Shock logo has. Your bolts are too  irregular and sporadic; especially that big one that really makes your logo top- and left-heavy. The concept of your C secondary is more visually appealing than the Shock's secondary, but again, it lacks the implied balance and symmetry. Great typeface, by the way.

thanks for your input guys.

The Shock don't have smoke in their logo, and the actual shock effect in the logo is more evenly distributed, following a form, whereas mine is all over.

Thanks for the critique tempest, but yea I did already acknowledge that the Shock's was more evenly distributed, following a symmetrical form, which is not what I was going for. That's why its not as balanced. So my question would be, does it truly need to be symmetrical?

Well, I don't think it needs to be symmetrical, but it looks very off-kilter as is, specifically the large, northeast-pointing bolt. I'm not sure what, but I think there is a better solution than bolts and smoke to explore.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You could change the name to Chicago Blaze.

I was thinking about that when I was first thinking of names, and then I thought, wait, sounds too much like Blazers.

But now that you mention it, we do have the Connecticut Sun and Phoenix Suns. So I guess it's no biggie. Now if it were the Arizona Sun and the Phoenix Suns, we'd have some problems. I guess i'm gonna go for Blaze and replace the bolts with fire.

Archived