Let's get back to work

OMMF

Well the Ceeb has struck a memorandum of agreement with the Union and the locked out workers should be going back to work soon.

*cues Hockey Night in Canada theme*

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...LO20051003.html

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and its biggest union, the Canadian Media Guild, reached a memorandum of agreement early Monday morning. The lockout affecting over 5,000 CMG employees was starting its 50th day. Guild spokesperson Karen Wirsig said some details still had to be worked out.

As you can see, there is still stuff to do. Progress is being made, though.

Dang...I'm gonna miss watching CFL games in silence.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

You know, I thought watching the CFL games without play-by-play was kind of interesting at first, but the novelty soon wore off. I had the game on a couple of weeks ago while I was doing something else across the room, and I completely missed a touchdown. Plus the quality of all the graphics and voiceovers during that time was abysmal.

I don't think they would have tried the same thing with HNIC -- they were bringing in Jim Hughson from Sportsnet to do the late game anyway, so I imagine he would have been calling the games with another former NHLer they brought in like Brian Heyward or Greg Millen -- but I'm glad this is over (or looks like it anyway) and they won't have to chance it.

:cursing:Β  i want no-pbp hockey!

Well there's always this:

KNS-2-1.jpg

I hate that argument... I don't want PBP because I want to hear the sounds of the game, and nothing but the sounds of the game. Turning down the volume makes that difficult.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

Β 

"The Mothership" β€’ News β€’ Facebook β€’ X/Twitter β€’ Instagram

:cursing:Β  i want no-pbp hockey!

Well there's always this:

KNS-2-1.jpg

I hate that argument... I don't want PBP because I want to hear the sounds of the game, and nothing but the sounds of the game. Turning down the volume makes that difficult.

Hmm. My post forgot ^_^ . Better?

Archived