Western Miners ruby

sc49erfan15

Okay, I'm in a bit of a hurry, but here it is.

Miners.gif

Miners2.gif

Yes, I know I used the miner from UTEP. I also tried to suggest the outline of Australia with the miner and sihlouette.

The secondary is extremely rushed.

gordie_delini's work in the other thread is very nice...I'm not trying to outdo him, I already had this mostly done so I went ahead and threw it out here.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

That's not bad, actually. I like the little niches in it, such as the AUS outline and the star where Perth is. I think the outline needs to be cleaned up, but definately a good job.

philly.png

Attempt #2...

Miners1.gif

Fixed some minor stuff that I saw wrong, replaced the star with crossed pickaxes, and added the rugby ball. The rugby ball just doesn't look right to me, but it might be just me.

I don't think there's anything I can do to the alt to match gordie's...so yeah, not even going there.

Great adaption of an existing logo. I preferred the star over the location as well, but that rugby ball you snuck in is great.

I'm just wondering if its possible to match the colours a little more to the ones in my uniform concept?

liverpool-1.png

Use an original idea.

I tried...and it looked like total crap. I'm just really, really bad at drawing dynamic things...humans, animals, etc, whether it be by hand or in Illustrator. I've tried a thousand times...and it just never, ever works.

And sure gordie, knock yourself out.

No pick axe is the way to go with this one. There's just one thing that's bothering me...there's a gray blob - his thumb I'm assuming - on the left hand. It's like he's making a fist and cradling the ball in his arm, a very unnatural way to carry a ball. It might look better without the thumb.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

No pick axe is the way to go with this one. There's just one thing that's bothering me...there's a gray blob - his thumb I'm assuming - on the left hand. It's like he's making a fist and cradling the ball in his arm, a very unnatural way to carry a ball. It might look better without the thumb.

Yeah, I noticed that too, mine was without the thumb...it's weird commenting on a logo that was sort of mine, but...

-The thumb thing

-The ball is perfectly round, while the miner is sort of "blocky" and angular...I tried using a "blocky" rugby ball to fit in...maybe others disagree

But I think you really improved on mine, plus you improved on the "west coast of Australia + miner = Australia sihlouette" thing. Great job.

A few quick comments:

Hmm... I think the font needs slightly thicker letters maybe, and the W doesn't seem quite right... like its different to the rest.

Rounded ball is better than UTEP Ball imo

Loving the colours just as they are.

Maybe a smaller star over Perth.

liverpool-1.png

Ok... at this point I am in two minds.

I love how you guys have taken that UTEP Miner and tweaked him and cleverly fit him into a map of Australia etc. (Tasmania is missing btw). I love how the colours work... its how I pictured it originally when coming up with the colour set.

But some part of me doesn't like the fact that we've borrowed the UTEP Miner and wants something original.

Gordie could you take a crack at an original looking miner maybe?

I was thinking along the lines of a guy with one of that hardharts with the little light on it?

miner.jpg

I found that when looking for images as inspiration but I just couldn't draw anything that looked like it.

Then we could pair that up with the pickaxe W as a secondary?

liverpool-1.png

yeah i can definitely try something original. do you want the kind of motion and stance that the UTEP miner has? if i could use him as a reference and draw my own guy, it would be a lot easier, but i can do something completely original. what i mean is, i like the stance of the UTEP miner, and i think its effective with the map of australia. thoughts?

OD_Signature.jpg

Archived