Pics of new Kings alternate jerseys in action...

Titanium Eagle

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess i can safely assume i am the only person on these boards that likes these uniforms

No, STL and I like em too.

They are far better than the alternative.

Its a new template, its not just stripes down the side, its un balanced, its loud.

Its a microcosm of the NBA today.

And congruence (spellcheck?) my dear friends, is beautiful.

Again, I really like these Kings jerseys. From the 1980's-era Kings script to the rounded font (paging the font experts! what's the name of it?!?), they're pretty slick.

But I must admit... what is the deal with the gold? The only thing I can think of is that nearly 50 years ago was their season in Cincinnati, but that's irrellevant. I do see some inspiration from the old Cinci jerseys in the new alts, tho... I like 'em, just still scratching my head about the logic and reasoning behind them...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

You know what scares me about this style? The fact that the front numbers are on the upper left chest. By moving the wordmark up a little bit it would leave a nice, large space for...AN ADVERTISING LOGO!

Could this be the subtle act of "preparing the way" for Euro-type ads on NBA uniforms? I mean, what else would they use that large, open space for? Stay tuned. :mad:

Archived