Mariners alt. jerseys

Chazberg

I noticed that the Mariners are wearing their alternate jerseys against Tampa Bay the last couple days, for seemingly the first time since the beginning of the season. They have a completely different number font, which I think fitsa their scheme much better, and I think they are really nice jerseys. So I was wondering, 1.) Are they navy or black? 2.)Why haven't they been wearing them all season? 3.) Why don't they use that number font on their home/road unis?

1) It's a midnight navy.  The same one as their first navy alternate that had "Seattle" in it when they opened Safeco Field.

2) Ever since 2001, they've had alts, but had bad luck in them.  Also because of MLB regulations (this is an assumption) there are a minimum amout of games they must wear them

3) Well it is an alternate, so they got to make it fancier to get the fans to buy it

And if anyone has the eps file for the Mariners alternate lettering, PLEASE EMAIL ME!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

That and the Giants, who only wore the road Friday night black alts in 2002, and haven't worn the home alts since Barry Bonds hit #71 in 2001.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

please tell me there's a maximum.  by this i mean the cubs and mets, specifically.  i like the cubs' alts fine, they just wear em too damn much.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I agree, the Cubs wear the alternates WAY too much, and my Sox are pushin' it too, though theirs are really nice. I hate it when pitchers like Clement wear them every single time they start.

Iknow for the Rockies, the starting pitcher decides what they are wearing before each game.  If they have good luck in them, they might wear them a lot.

ua_logo.jpg

Archived