Let's make the Nationals match.

The_Admiral

I've complained that the Nats go from too much red to too much blue between uniform sets. So let's take every red-or-blue uniform element and decide on one to be used on white and grey. The gold beveling will still be there, because it's kind of neat. Pick red or blue for each, except for a few special cases that red/blue doesn't apply to.

Color of the cap

Bill of the cap

Wordmark

Player name

Player number

Pant stripes

Socks

NOT RED VS BLUE:

Cap logo *Pretzel or DC*

Front #s *Red, blue, or scrap them*

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I personally love the fact that both uniforms use a different base color. If they were both red, they would look like the Angels, or if they were all blue, theyd look like Brewers or Mariners.

What I do not like is the Jersey and Numeral Font.

It should be script, or perhaps a more traditional block font. With less colors. Right now, the fonts use 3 colors. It looks too busy. Should be cleaner and more traditional baseball style.

They should also put vertical red piping on the blue away hat like they did in the 50s.

the red home and blue away concept is nice, but they i totally agree with Providence, they gotta do something about the font. if they just got rid of the gold in there, it would look really good. especially on the gray jerseys, gray and gold look funny together. also, maybe they should have more references to the fact that they play in the nation's capital on their uniforms, like dotting the Is in Washington and Nationals with stars, red and white stripes as sleeve piping, etc.

...like dotting the Is in Washington and Nationals with stars, red and white stripes as sleeve piping, etc.

You mean the way their division rivals in Philadelphia have been doing for more than a decade? Washington isn't the only city than can lay claim to historical American themes.

As for uniformity of color, I like the red for home and navy for road. And I like the number font. I wouldn't make any changes, although the wordmark script seems out of place as being a little too postmodern for this team, which I would think would have gone a little more traditional with the wordmark.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The script matches everything just fine, it's the hat that's out of place.

Also, I hate alternate road caps. Cardinals, Cubs, A's, Reds, so forth could all just cut it down to one cap. THey can still sell them, people will buy them. But there should be just one official cap.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The script matches everything just fine, it's the hat that's out of place.

Also, I hate alternate road caps. Cardinals, Cubs, A's, Reds, so forth could all just cut it down to one cap. THey can still sell them, people will buy them. But there should be just one official cap.

Why?

Does a red bill on a Cubs hat really bother you that much??

Archived