Monmouth Hawks

nd1irish

I am new to the board. I have been looking through the posts and there are some very good concepts on here.

As you can tell by my concept I like the work StPatty33 has done. I have tweeked a concept of his and used it for Monmouth. I hope that is ok. I am not sure of the protocol on this board. The hawk is a recolored version of the Atlanta Hawks. I also hope that is ok.

C&C requested.

monmouth29dx.jpg

ok dude. What the hell! You are pretty good on your first concept.Also :welcome: to the boards. I hope you enjoy your time like I have :D

Good Luck

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Very good for your first concept!

As far as piggy-backing by using other peoples concepts: As far as I'm concerned it's right as rain as long as you give credit where it's due (as you've done both for the jersey layout and the logo). I think it allows people who aren't as well versed in vector programs and such a good way to get their creativity out without being so much of a hastle. I believe the rest of the board should lean the same way.

Welcome to the boards!

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

I think it allows people who aren't as well versed in vector programs and such a good way to get their creativity out without being so much of a hastle.

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad that this is not against protocol here. This is not from a vector program though. This is done with photoshop.

atlanta hawks?

The Atlanta Hawks NBA team.

Very good for your first concept. It could be cleaned up though. I'm looking forward to seeing your work and skills progress. I think you have a lot of potential.

What specifically needs cleaned up? I am looking to make this good. I already see that on the away uniform I forgot the white stripe on the socks.

Again all, Thanks for the comments.

Not too bad.

The only thing I don't like is the vertical-arched lettering across the jersey fronts. Not a "football" style of lettering. A little broader line of white/silver between the helmet logo and the helmet itself would set off the hawk's head a little better.

What's your connection to MU?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I think its best to avoid drop shadows on the lettering when you're working with letters that small. It's hard to read on screen, and the white/gray letter/shadow combos would be hard to read on a real jersey.

liverpool-1.png

The arched letters on the front look too much like basketball. If you want the big name across the front, I think Oklahoma's is straight across, for an example of how to make it. Very well done for a first concept though.

Is that one of the unused Hawks logos? Or did they change their logo again? I don't watch basketball...I found out yesterday that they have a yellow jersey.

I agree with the comments about the shadows on the MONMOUTH wordmark, but I like the arched lettering, it's outside of the box. The only thing I would tweak is I would make the pants the color of the shoulders, I think that would make for a hella sweet set of uniforms.

I was stationed at Ft. Monmouth 8 years ago and I actually went to a few of their games, I think this is quite the upgrade (at least from then).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I have updated the concept. I realized that I did not include the white stripe on the away uni, so I fixed that.

Thanks for the C&C's. I read the C&C's and decided to change the lettering for Monmouth. I took the shadow off that and the name on the back. I kept the name on the front being arched. I really like the way it looks with the arched lines of the jersey.

There have been some comments about the Hawk logo. This is a reverse image of one of Atlanta's secondary logos. I hope that clears that up.

Archived