Fremantle Dockers concept set

Discrim

I bought a sewing machine last winter (best thing being it was only $30...most go for a c-note), and I've made some attempts at creating jerseys I've seen, as well as my own concepts. So far, I've failed in two attempts at recreating the original away jumper of the AFL's Fremantle Dockers. The first time was because I'd made the collar too wide, and couldn't fix that problem. My second try failed cus of the fluffing anchor. See here-the anchor is to Freo what those diagonal stripes are to the Blazers. Basically, I ironed the anchor on this time before I started sewing the collar...big mistake on my part, cus I fluffed up two needles trying to sew through the anchor.

So the last couple days I decided to throw in the towel as far as a faithful reproduction til I get a better sublimation option than a 10-year old printer :D but in the here and now, I've come up with a more feasible DIY project...and here it is!

57530.png

I was in doubt, so I dumbed it down in this case. Said printer is capable of churning out the logos, and I actually like the looks of this better than the real thing, as much as I hate to say it cus I love the real McCoys.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

if they make em as big as 140 cm, I'll take ya up on the offer. Biggest I'd seen for sale was 115 cm, though, and that's a real tight squeeze for me :D

that said, I know I can at least do waht I've posted...shoot, I got a Bombers idea I've planned out as well

anyways, what yall think? B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

i like them, i like the away one (green) but add that with white shorts and the purple socks you got for the home ones.....i reckon teams look heaps better with white shorts, unless there guernsey is mainly white, when dark shorts look better imo

i like what you've done, but the number, usually you make the font up right? maybe add a red & green outline to it on the home, and a purple and red outline to the away one, liek the docker logo on the front, but yeh, im used to freo wearign a big anchor

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Well, I guess I'm used to the Dockers having an achor.

Given it's the thing they identify themselves with.

On its own, it's pretty OK.

Sorry, I'm don't love it.

But I don't hate it.

A bit like the Dockers really.

that, I know...it's like the Crows without their hoops or taking teh sash off Essendon's jumper in that regard.

speakin of Adelaide, I heard at big footy that they're changing their away jumper to primarily navy, and also adding a red third for Carlton and Melbourne matches. the blues will have the crow and from the sounds of it will still have the hoops, but the reds won't have a crow...and on a related note regarding next year's 80s-themed heritage round, the Crows might just ignore it, citing they didn't play in teh 80s. funny, that fact never stopped em before :therock:

on anohter note, I just realized aussie changed his name :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

But I don't hate it.

that, I know...it's like the Crows without their hoops or taking teh sash off Essendon's jumper in that regard.

speakin of Adelaide, I heard at big footy that they're changing their away jumper to primarily navy, and also adding a red third for Carlton and Melbourne matches. the blues will have the crow and from the sounds of it will still have the hoops, but the reds won't have a crow...and on a related note regarding next year's 80s-themed heritage round, the Crows might just ignore it, citing they didn't play in teh 80s. funny, that fact never stopped em before :therock:

well dont take anything on bigfooty seriously, i dont think you do anyway

and yeh i changed my name, aussie sounded pretty weird seeing well im not the only aussie on here, and welll i didnt know of a screen name when i signed up

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

But I don't hate it.

The Blue "Away" jumper will be virtually only blue, with the Crow logo on it as well.

Sounds like it'll be junk.

The Red "Clash" jumper will have Gold and Blue in it too. A bit like the SA State jumper, which will enrage the Port fans.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

But I don't hate it.

The Blue "Away" jumper will be virtually only blue, with the Crow logo on it as well.

Sounds like it'll be junk.

The Red "Clash" jumper will have Gold and Blue in it too. A bit like the SA State jumper, which will enrage the Port fans.

well big footy wasn't off the mark on the new guernseys....

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=...rticleid=236058

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived