Manitoba moose to unveil new look

BrentyN3

Yeah, when the stickied thread was up top, Sterling made a confession and told the board that his design was picked. I was comparing the concept on SSUR.org and the little peek on the Moose website, and they look very similar, except the finalized logo looks to have more rounded edges and whatnot.

NASCAR. Done. |

nextel_cup_logo.JPG

Yup...for whatever reason they picked mine and obviously...Yay!

We've talked about it on the contest thread a bit.  I didn't mean it as a confession as much as I didn't want everyone here to think their efforts went toward nothing or was ignored.  That's why I let Pantone leak the news that someone had indeed been chosen.  

In terms of keeping a low(ish) profile on it.  It's in the contract that I not show it to anyone before it's unveiling.  That I fully intend to hold true to.  But we never discussed not telling anyone that it happened.  The only reason I didn't do so in a separate thread is because 1) It was up in the air until the fans voted (in May?) whether or not it'd be used  2) Good as I think it is, I just don't want to be braggy.  It's more luck than anything.

SO yeah, 30 days from today they are gonna wear them.

To answer some of your ??s  

Yes, the Moose still retain their primary mark, and home and away jerseys.  Although I imagine, like any team with an alt...you wear what you like best more, and only time will tell over the course of the season whether mine is successful.

Yes, those are his teeth and he isn't in a pleasant mood.

Yes, it was based off the SSUR one, but I feel it's significantly different.  The teaser happens to have featured one of the parts that looks the most similar to SSUR big blue moose.  

Yes, I suppose Moose do look a little like camels...in ways.  The biggest challenge I felt, was in making one of natures goofiest looking animals look aggressive...scratch that.  Aggressive and cool at the same time.  Don't get me wrong, Moose are beautiful animals...but in terms of making a long, gangly, creature compact, balanced and logofied...it's hard.

This may be the first sports moose that doesn't take on a very hand drawn, Bullwinkle feel and that's all I am hopin for.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Yup...for whatever reason they picked mine and obviously...Yay!

We've talked about it on the contest thread a bit. I didn't mean it as a confession as much as I didn't want everyone here to think their efforts went toward nothing or was ignored. That's why I let Pantone leak the news that someone had indeed been chosen.

In terms of keeping a low(ish) profile on it. It's in the contract that I not show it to anyone before it's unveiling. That I fully intend to hold true to. But we never discussed not telling anyone that it happened. The only reason I didn't do so in a separate thread is because 1) It was up in the air until the fans voted (in May?) whether or not it'd be used 2) Good as I think it is, I just don't want to be braggy. It's more luck than anything.

SO yeah, 30 days from today they are gonna wear them.

To answer some of your ??s

Yes, the Moose still retain their primary mark, and home and away jerseys. Although I imagine, like any team with an alt...you wear what you like best more, and only time will tell over the course of the season whether mine is successful.

Yes, those are his teeth and he isn't in a pleasant mood.

Yes, it was based off the SSUR one, but I feel it's significantly different. The teaser happens to have featured one of the parts that looks the most similar to SSUR big blue moose.

Yes, I suppose Moose do look a little like camels...in ways. The biggest challenge I felt, was in making one of natures goofiest looking animals look aggressive...scratch that. Aggressive and cool at the same time. Don't get me wrong, Moose are beautiful animals...but in terms of making a long, gangly, creature compact, balanced and logofied...it's hard.

This may be the first sports moose that doesn't take on a very hand drawn, Bullwinkle feel and that's all I am hopin for.

I believe it will be a success and I congratulate you on your awesome acheivement.

NASCAR. Done. |

nextel_cup_logo.JPG

All I'm gonna say is it better be nice, or else I know who I'm gonna have to come after! :;):

I don't know if I'll be in the audience for the game, but if I am, then I'll for sure try to take some pictures to show you all.

Congrats Sterling!

"SLUDnet... saving the world of sports identities one team at a time."

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Don't worry SyPhi............

I took special care to avoid suckiness just for you. :D

I am actually scared that when Brian in Boston returns he'll light me up for using the Scowl Mouth again.........I promise it works here...and I dont ALWAYS use it.

Their is a flash animation up now. I'll post it here and the link.

I looke like they show something other than the mouth here now, but I can't tell what it is...Sterling...? Maybe it is the mouth, I dunno.

http://www.moosehockey.com/Moose1.swf

http://www.moosehockey.com/Moose1.swf

I can't see what STL's first picture is, and I also can't read what he wrote.

But the second picture is definately the mouth.

Hey Sterling, did you have a hand in the uniforms, too, or was this just a logo thing?

It looks to me like the eye... it focuses in on the current moose's eye... and then it goes to what looks like it could be a pupil-less eye. Very cool looking so far.

It is the eye

did you have a hand in the uniforms, too, or was this just a logo thing?

I'll explain in greater detail once you can see the jersey in its entirety. I DID have a say....but I did not out and out design it. It is not a custom striping, crazy thing. It's pretty standard in terms of panels/stripe location.

So do you get some free jerseys?

Well, thanks man, I don't consider it free...but yes, as compensation I get an authentic, on-ice jersey with my name and number. I am BEYOND excited waiting for it. Won't have it until after the debut though I imagine.

It looks to me like the eye... it focuses in on the current moose's eye... and then it goes to what looks like it could be a pupil-less eye. Very cool looking so far.

It is the eye

did you have a hand in the uniforms, too, or was this just a logo thing?

I'll explain in greater detail once you can see the jersey in its entirety. I DID have a say....but I did not out and out design it. It is not a custom striping, crazy thing. It's pretty standard in terms of panels/stripe location.

So do you get some free jerseys?

Well, thanks man, I don't consider it free...but yes, as compensation I get an authentic, on-ice jersey with my name and number. I am BEYOND excited waiting for it. Won't have it until after the debut though I imagine.

the jersey with your logo? that is sooooooo cool. especially with your own name and number. :)

Doh!

Archived