Death To CrossOvers

AHcreative

ramsfan:

I'll leave this open so people can discuss about crossovers and such, like Stamp and rme have, but if you're going to jump on someone for something minor like this, your posts are no better than those of the people you are bashing

You know, it's regarded as very much an Australian thing to shorten someone's name.

Johnston becomes Johnno, Stampman becomes Stampy, zer0dotcom becomes zero.

And yet, I just love it that my user name can't be shorted and look anything like a name you'd use for someone.

rme? what the?

Road Maitenance Engineer?

Royal Medical Examiner?

:)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

ramsfan:

I'll leave this open so people can discuss about crossovers and such, like Stamp and rme have, but if you're going to jump on someone for something minor like this, your posts are no better than those of the people you are bashing

You know, it's regarded as very much an Australian thing to shorten someone's name.

And yet, I just love it that my user name can't be shorted and look anything like a name you'd use for someone.

rme? what the?

Royal Medical Examiner?

we could just call you 'red' :D

While most of us may be tired of seeing crossovers and recolors, we have to remember that there are a lot of guys here who are just getting started. Most of us started learning how to use uniform templates by first experimenting with designs that were already familiar to us. It's unreasonable to expect a new designer to immediately start breaking out new all-original concepts straight out of the gate. That's on par with a high school student complaining that kindergarteners are practicing their ABC's.

It's when they don't advance themselves beyond crossovers that it gets annoying. But in the meantime, let 'em experiment with what they know.

I see your point to an extent, WiB, but I still disagree.

If you want to cut your designing chops using designs we're all familiar with, I'm all for it.

What rankles me (and others, apparently) is when every few minutes, a new permutation is trotted out. Like I said in another thread, we get the idea, and we can extrapolate the other couple hundred possible combinations based on what's been shown thus far. It gets out of hand when people start at "Atlanta" and keep throwing up every possible variation of the same theme down to "Washington".

If you want to try a select few crossovers that intrigue you, I am not stopping you. I'll even admit that I did a UNC/NC State crossover to see what it would look like. But I cut myself off there, which can't be said for a lot of people on the boards. There comes a certain point where it just gets beaten to death, and the designer ends up engendering more anger than useful comments that he/she can use to advance their design skills.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

ramsfan:

rme? what the?

Royal Medical Examiner?

we could just call you 'red' :D

:D

But I'm not Red.

And anyone who is Red-Headed is called Bluey.

I'd answer to "Rob", "RM" or "Hey You".

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Well, I'll go ahead and say it, I likr crossovers for the most part. For example, right now I'm very very new to illustrator, having used Photosop for most of my concepts, but with the aid of StPat's hockey tempate I'm learning, and right now my medium is recolors and crossovers, as shown by two most recent hockey posts in the concepts thread, a Redskins hockey crossover (that I need to revise the shoulder crests on) and a red, white & blue Caps re-color (because it looks so much better)

ramsfan:

rme? what the?

Royal Medical Examiner?

the Reformed Methodist Episcopal (R.M.E.) church

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived