Death To CrossOvers

AHcreative

That's a bit harsh, really.

While most of us may be tired of seeing crossovers and recolors, we have to remember that there are a lot of guys here who are just getting started. Most of us started learning how to use uniform templates by first experimenting with designs that were already familiar to us. It's unreasonable to expect a new designer to immediately start breaking out new all-original concepts straight out of the gate. That's on par with a high school student complaining that kindergarteners are practicing their ABC's.

It's when they don't advance themselves beyond crossovers that it gets annoying. But in the meantime, let 'em experiment with what they know.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Yes but if I recall, you guys (not you personally, but the board in general) did come down hard on Coltzfan101 when he is still a new member on the boards and was experimenting on stuff, I felt sorta bad for him, cause I have his AIM and we were talkin' and he said he was probably gonna stop posting in these threads. I don't mean to sound rude, but I am speaking my mind.

Oh, and since you asked for C&C...

For a signature, your design is ill-proportioned. Something with a more horizontal layout would work better. Also, your capitalization is both inconsistent and incorrect.

A bolder font might make it more effective, but overall, your design is subpar.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Yes but if I recall, you guys (not you personally, but the board in general) did come down hard on Coltzfan101 when he is still a new member on the boards and was experimenting on stuff, I felt sorta bad for him, cause I have his AIM and we were talkin' and he said he was probably gonna stop posting in these threads. I don't mean to sound rude, but I am speaking my mind.

Nice of Coltzfan to host your avatar and signature, at any rate. :P

Nice of Coltzfan to host your avatar and signature, at any rate. :P

Ya, true.

Oh, and since you asked for C&C...

For a signature, your design is ill-proportioned. Something with a more horizontal layout would work better. Also, your capitalization is both inconsistent and incorrect.

A bolder font might make it more effective, but overall, your design is subpar.

:grin:

Very well done.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I like them--if they're well thought out & not just done in 5 to 10 minutes to have something to post.

But if somebody posts it--I can look or ignore it.

SO let them post.

But also let them expect to get criticism as well.

Works both ways.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Keep posting Crossovers...

Even if you guys saw it all, some of us are new in here and it's good to see what other people can do or imagine... This is why it's a concept forum...

Anyway!

I like those crossover and if I have some to post, I will even if you guys will say:

These crossover concepts are getting really ridicolous.
PLEASE DON'T DO THIS.
And it sure as hell isn't novel, not even in the least.

Maybe leaving the forum for a couple of months and then comeback, give us newbies time to explore your ''deja vu''.... ahahahhahahahahahah

Anyway! For me, it's really fun to see that some other prople have the same interests in Logos than I do... I always thought I was alone before I discovered this site ahhahahaha

Have fun guys, post, use the constructive comments to improve yourself and don't mind the negative comments...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

I like them--if they're well thought out & not just done in 5 to 10 minutes to have something to post.

SO let them post.

Works both ways.

I think that's the key.

Re-colouring the same design in different colours is OK the first few times.

After that, especially if it's one every 15 minutes, it's just showing a lack of thought.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

SO let them post.

Works both ways.

I think that's the key.

After that, especially if it's one every 15 minutes, it's just showing a lack of thought.

Many of my first posts were in a thread about making the NHL all green--I forget who started it--so I did a few--but it wore off and I stopped.

But it was good experience in learning how to use templates, etc.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I know guys, I'm sorry, I saw everyone posting about how they hated crossovers, and I wanted a good rep. I just got caught up in the moment. Heck I was lying to myself too, I do sorta like the occasional crossover.

:cursing:

Can there be a remedial course on how NOT to conduct yourself on the boards? You and Coltzfan seriously need some fluffing help. I really hope you guys pay more attention in school than you do on the boards. Geez... :evil:

40 lashes with a wet noodle for you...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

ramsfan:

the key to a good rep around here isn't to follow the crowd. Just be yourself, post your ideass, be mindful of others, and have a good time.

greg, settle down dude, it's just a message board, he hasn't done anything seriously bad. Many more moronic people have pasted through this board in the past

I'll leave this open so people can discuss about crossovers and such, like Stamp and rme have, but if you're going to jump on someone for something minor like this, your posts are no better than those of the people you are bashing

SO let them post.

Works both ways.

I think that's the key.

Many of my first posts were in a thread about making the NHL all green--I forget who started it--so I did a few--but it wore off and I stopped.

But it was good experience in learning how to use templates, etc.

Agree.

I have produced some horrible junk, a lot of it the same as other junk I've produced.

When I first started it was re-colouring the Miami U Nike Template for different teams. (I still like that template, though it looks horrible on Oregon, the only team I seen pics of wearing it)

I think I did about 5 before it was time to move on. Detroit, BC Lions and one of the comps were 3 of them, but there were more.

But it got me working with templates and thinking of other things I could add.

I've even worked my way up to striped socks on football and hockey uniforms!!

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived