For the Expos' fans

friarcanuck

Today was the Sportscard & Memorabilia Show in Toronto. Happens in the spring and fall every year.

Check out what I got!

WorldSeriesLogo.jpg

Rawlingslogo.jpg

That's right! An Official World Series baseball from the strike year. The one that The Montreal Expos would have won. It's going in a case on display beside my Vladdy Guerrero autographed ball.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

"The ones they would have won"

What?

Only one year the past 14 years (not counting 1994), the NL East has only won ONE title.

I'll concede that they would've been the East champs, but there's still would've bunch of teams to beat yet.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

What?

Only one year the past 14 years (not counting 1994), the NL East has only won ONE title.

I'll concede that they would've been the East champs, but there's still would've bunch of teams to beat yet.

correction... 3 times.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

What?

correction... 3 times.

i think he forgot to put in "NL East Champions"

They've one only once...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

What?

correction... 3 times.

i think he forgot to put in "NL East Champions"

They've one only once...

Yeah, that's what I meant, since everyone knows that the Expos would've been the NL East champs that year.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

What?

I'll agree that the Expos would've had a bunch of teams to beat...but that NL East Champions stat is just plain arbitrary. It has no bearing on how Montreal would've done in the playoffs at all...it's just a coincidence.

What?

I'll agree that the Expos would've had a bunch of teams to beat...but that NL East Champions stat is just plain arbitrary. It has no bearing on how Montreal would've done in the playoffs at all...it's just a coincidence.

It just shows you how bad the Braves are come the playoffs.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

That's right! An Official World Series baseball from the strike year. The one that The Montreal Expos would have won.

Yeap, and this was the begining of the end of baseball in Montreal. At least, after the management got rid of Grissom, Walker, Alou, DeShields and John Wetteland (to name a few) during the following winter, it was the end. At least, this is where I got disconnected from that sport. It became obvious that Montreal couldn't follow the parade...

I went to the last game last season, I then thought that the Expos would be missed the next summer but to tell you the truth, summer 2005 went by and nobody actually did care. They showed a few Nationals game on TV and after a couple of games, the project went down the drain because of total lack of interest.

There's too many things to do in Montreal during summer time, which is another reason why people didn't care much about the Expos for the last 10 years or so...

That, and too many lies from manadgment, too many bad trades and especially uncle Bud who wanted outta here...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Archived