My Site Re-Launch!

bhambruiser

Hello All. I can't contain myself any longer.

Millican Studios is up and running again. I have been working on it for a little while. It is only lacking a little bit of content- but for the most part it is ready to go.

Please feel free to comment and let me know what you think. Thanks in advance for the tips, comments and whatever.

Great site bhambruiser, pretty good layout, very easy to find things, just a really solid website IMO.

thanks- I haven't tested it in all browsers, so I hope it does ok in CSS-retarded browsers...thanks again...and if something doesn't display correctly in your browser let me know!

That's a great site! Easy navigation, pretty straightforward to show your work.

Mind if I ask if you have a database available for your website? I'm wondering because it'd make your work so much easier, instead of creating each webpage manually...

BTW, for some concepts, there is no description under the images (mainly in the Print section), but you haven't removed the "Content goes here" phrase. Is it because it's still a work in progress?

Still a very solid design. CSS looks great in Firefox, if you wanted to know.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

site looks pretty good....jumps around a bit though.

one thing i noticed:

MillPark Productions Logo

This is the logo created for use on both of my films I created in school. MillPark is a combination of my last name and the last name of my co-star Dustin Parker. I took a picture I found on the Internet and just threw Photoshop filters on it, until it looked good.

do you really want to convey to a potential client that all you did was "just throw photoshop filters on it". you could word that differently to make it look like you, not the filters, were more involved in the creation of the piece. the prospective client most likely knows nothing about photoshop filters, therefore doesn't need to hear about it.

also, under every single item in "print", "web", and "miscellaneous" it says "Content goes here"....you might want to get rid of that altogether.

otherwise the site looks nice.

That's a great site! Easy navigation, pretty straightforward to show your work.

Mind if I ask if you have a database available for your website? I'm wondering because it'd make your work so much easier, instead of creating each webpage manually...

BTW, for some concepts, there is no description under the images (mainly in the Print section), but you haven't removed the "Content goes here" phrase. Is it because it's still a work in progress?

Still a very solid design. CSS looks great in Firefox, if you wanted to know.

thanks...yeah i thought about that but didn't really know enough about php...any help would be appriciated if you are willing to give it though :D

site looks pretty good....jumps around a bit though.

one thing i noticed:

MillPark Productions Logo

This is the logo created for use on both of my films I created in school. MillPark is a combination of my last name and the last name of my co-star Dustin Parker. I took a picture I found on the Internet and just threw Photoshop filters on it, until it looked good.[/quoute]

do you really want to convey to a potential client that all you did was "just throw photoshop filters on it". you could word that differently to make it look like you, not the filters, were more involved in the creation of the piece. the prospective client most likely knows nothing about photoshop filters, therefore doesn't need to hear about it.

also, under every single item in "print", "web", and "miscellaneous" it says "Content goes here"....you might want to get rid of that altogether.

otherwise the site looks nice.

sorry to double post.

but thanks for all the comments.

"the content goes here" stuff will be taken care of this evening...i just wanted to get some feedback on the rest of it...yeah I agree with what you said about the MillPark thing I will probably lose that line.

thanks again...when you say it jumps around a bit - what do you mean?

well...jumping around

i assume the main content is supposed to be centered, but on firefox (for mac osx) when i click a link, the next page's main content will shift to the right or left a little bit for almost every page....i'm sure it's not noticeable to alot of people, but it drives me nuts when i go to a page that does that. but i'm not a prospective client either.

well...jumping around

i assume the main content is supposed to be centered, but on firefox (for mac osx) when i click a link, the next page's main content will shift to the right or left a little bit for almost every page....i'm sure it's not noticeable to alot of people, but it drives me nuts when i go to a page that does that. but i'm not a prospective client either.

hmm i will see if there are any good fixes for that...thanks again and keep the comments coming

EDIT: I think the shifting and jumping around is due to the scroll bar in Firefox...the scrollbar only appears if the content requires it..it does the same thing in Firefox for PC...in IE the scrollbar is always there- it just enables it only when needed

thanks...yeah i thought about that but didn't really know enough about php...any help would be appriciated if you are willing to give it though  :D

I'll eventually finish up a quick tutorial on how to set up a database and to retrieve information from it, and then how to use simple php to display it. I think some people here will benefit from it.

well...jumping around

joel, as far as the shifting goes in Firefox, bham is right, it is caused by the scrollbar. I didn't really notice it at first because I got used to it, but I can understand the annoyance. Are you aware of any solution for this?

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

thanks...yeah i thought about that but didn't really know enough about php...any help would be appriciated if you are willing to give it though  :D

I'll eventually finish up a quick tutorial on how to set up a database and to retrieve information from it, and then how to use simple php to display it. I think some people here will benefit from it.

sounds good I look forward to it

Archived