Canucks vintage jersey spotted

uniformity

Sounds like a thin slice of heaven. the only sports store here in North Bay closed last year (but not before i snagged a Marc Savard Thrasher's Home jersey for 70$. SCORE!) so all we have are footlockers. I miss the big sports stores, I can't go check out any of the old designs cause they never make it all the way up to the Great White North here....(lowers head and starts to sob)

oilfan: I thought you didnt like the canucks!?!? arent we all bandwagoners? :)

it came in the sunday province but you can get their scedule at any number of places. I think shoppers drug mart should have them and beer and wine stores likely have them too.

as for the jersey, it looks pretty damn cool, though I wouldnt call it a faithfull reproduction of the original by any means. The colours on this are WAAAAAYYYY off. If i had my say the canucks would be dressed in the Seahawks old colours but any blue and green combo is still good in my book.

no, i've lived in all 3 cities, you can't say anything about fans if you don't know the city or have spent time to make a judgment. vancouver fans are hockey fans. they usually have a 2nd favourite team, as back up for when the canucks suck. they tend to think of vancouver as a hockey town, they usually refer to the grizzlies demise to prove this point. when things go wrong they say the team sucks, when they do well, they blame themselves. die hard hockey fans are different. there are lots of die hard hockey fans in vancouver, but not too many.

in edmonton, people generally tend to only like the oilers. of course you have your leaf/habs fans in every city, but people in edmonton are die hard oiler fans and love the tradition of the oilers. edmonton and calgary really think they are better than vancouver because we get snow and actually play ice hockey in the winter. oiler fans aren't banwagoners because we have already won 5 cups, so it doesn't matter if our team loses or starts to suck. vancouver fans are just frustrated.

calgary fans on the other hand are hilarious. they don't know what the hell to think because their team somehow actually one a cup and they are just surprised...but they are frustrated too because they think their team can win another just like that, but their team is just plain crappy and can't even compete against the struggling oilers. they live for playing the oilers.

there you have it.

Vancouver 2010 Two Man Luge Gold Medalist.

http://www.geocities.com/oilfaninvan

haha yeah might be true, although people in england are very loyal to one team. you can't call them bandwagoners. i think what happened is that chelsea became good so it's not embarassing to wear their kit. english soccer fans are hooligans, not banwagoners.   (is it ban or bandwagon? where did that term come from?)

anyhoo, can someone draw what this vintage jersey looks like or show the colour? i can't find a pocket schedule.

i just have a lot of mixed allegiances...nba-*bucks and sonics...nfl-*bears, *packers, titans, falcons...mlb-*cubs, twins...mls-*crew, fire...nhl-*avs, sens...arena-i'll take anything til the Barnstormers come back(mark my word, they will).  

*main team(s)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i don't know about anyone else, discrimihater, but i live and breathe hockey, also soccer although i don't get out to many games obviously. so any other sport i could really care less about rooting for specific teams, but i have teams that i like:

NFL: bucs, cards, seahawks

MLB: don't get me started, so whoever is playing in the 7th game of the world series (the only game i watch)

NBA: steve nash

MLS: i cheer for real soccer.

CFL: different story, i'm an eskie to the grave.

anyways, anymore on this canucks jersey? are they gonna wear it this year? why would they even think of changing the shade of the blue?  i don't like that trend. the oilers did it, so did the seahawks, the minnesota north stars (did they start the trend?) and i don't know, countless other teams.

Archived