Which Brand of Hockey Jersey?

amare32

I'm looking to get a Red Wings jersey for my buddy as a wedding present. Brides always make out like bandits in that department, so I thought I'd get him something for himself. Plus, dude gave me a Ben Wallace authentic for my wedding. ^_^

So anyway -- I can get either a Reebork authentic or a CCM authentic from the Detroit website. Anyone recommend one way or the other? The CCMs are the former model and thus cheaper, but I'm more interested in quality.

Many thanks.

I'd do the CCM, not only to save a few bucks (maybe to get it customized or put a Stanley Cup patch on it), but with the new style coming out next year, 2005 will be the only year they had Reebok logos on the old cut of jerseys.

By the way, way to take care of your buddy. :notworthy: I hope my friends will be as thoughtful as you.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

I may be totally wrong, since I'm just spreading something I "heard once in a forum", but I believe the new Reebok jerseys are exactly the same as the old CCM ones, from a manufacturing standpoint, even being made in the same factory. I know that for a while, Reebok handed out little Rbk logos to sew over the CCM logos of any jerseys that they hadn't manufactured yet.

My guess is, they're both exactly the same, so unless the cost is ridiculously different, buy whichever you like. The Reebok one would look like he's a bit of a newbie at a match (newest logos etc.), but would be "valid" for a longer period into the future (assuming that the new cut will at least look like the old one).

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

I may be totally wrong, since I'm just spreading something I "heard once in a forum", but I believe the new Reebok jerseys are exactly the same as the old CCM ones, from a manufacturing standpoint, even being made in the same factory. I know that for a while, Reebok handed out little Rbk logos to sew over the CCM logos of any jerseys that they hadn't manufactured yet.

They are. Look at some of the NHL jerseys during games this year, and notice how some jerseys have brand-new Reebok logos and others have them as part of a long fabric rectangle--to cover up the CCM/Koho logo. I also saw an authentic Sidney Crosby jersey at a store where you could clearly see the old NHL logo on the back hem if you looked at it from the underside.

I'd say save the money, buy the CCM jersey, and look around for a Stanley Cup year patch for the front (River City Sports has lots of patches, or try eBay).

1zgyd8w.jpg

I'd say save the money, buy the CCM jersey, and look around for a Stanley Cup year patch for the front (River City Sports has lots of patches, or try eBay).

I just got a 1998 Stanley Cup Finals patch for $9.95 and a VK/SM Believe patch (also worn during the 98 Finals) for $5 on ebay to put on my Yzerman Red Wings jersey, both using the "buy it now" option. Great prices and a nice way to make a jersey not only stand out from the crowd, but bring back memories of special times.

You can also do the 97 Finals patch or the 2002 Finals patch.

Are you going with the red or white jersey?

Either way, I'd say the CCM is fine, has more history behind it and costs less. Works for me.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived