Fantasy NBA Team

provine

I'm not even doing fantasy NBA this year, but when I did, this was my team. The Quincy Devils. The high school team here is the Quincy Blue Devils. So I went with White Devils for my fake NBA franchise. Then dropped the "White" because I did a whole thing with the NAACP protesting a team with the name "White Devils"...

Any-hoo, here's the concept I made up using a DePaul Blue Demons kids club logo and the Mavs uni...

devils.jpg

Nice! Verry nice!! I'm not a big basketball fan, but i can appreciate a good concept when i see one. Like the logo too, a little cartoonish, but i like! These days we see so much 'angry looking' logos, this is a change. Once again, good job! :D

Haha nice, I like it.  Though for a team named Devils, I wouldn't think happy imagery of a devil would be the way to go, but I love the way you rendered him.  Looks great.  And I for one love the Mavericks' template.

Looks to me like the jerseys aren't the only things recolored.

DePaulBlueDemons5.GIF

Haha nice, I like it.  Though for a team named Devils, I wouldn't think happy imagery of a devil would be the way to go, but I love the way you rendered him.  Looks great.  And I for one love the Mavericks' template.

DePaulBlueDemons5.GIF

where did you get that logo? as far as i know, and i live in chicago, that's not depaul's logo (primary or alt)...

i don't even think that's their font.

it looks like you just made that to bust on the kid...

DePaulBlueDemons5.GIF

where did you get that logo? as far as i know, and i live in chicago, that's not depaul's logo (primary or alt)...

considering who you said that to, that was pretty stupid...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

DePaulBlueDemons5.GIF

considering who you said that to, that was pretty stupid...

Exceedingly so.

Especially when checking the source URL of the image would reveal it is indeed from Logoserver.

Remember kids. Concepts are like essays in school. If you're using someone else's idea, either directly or indirectly, remember to give credit where it's due. And remember... new ideas are always seen in higher regard than borrowed ideas.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Yup. All my respect and comments about this concept are down the drain. Busted.

It'd be one thing if provine had said that he recolored a logo already in use and that it wasn't his, but he didn't do that.

And Duelly, that was quite possibly the stupidest thing anyone's said. Barnes is a respected guy around here. Nice catch, Ben.

And as of the start of the NFL season, Ben's been coined as 'the dude that created the 49ers new endzone wordmarks.' It's true. He really did. Click the link in his sig, to his portfolio.

Wow - I set off a firestorm... I was just messing around and threw a couple things together - DePaul Kids Club logo. I just posted this thing real quick before I went into work this morning, and thought I don't know, maybe somebody would ask in the course of a couple posts - 'hey, where'd you steal that logo from' and I'd say DePaul, and the unis are Dallas Mavericks, and the fonts like Archery Rounded. And white unis are away, and usually have the city name on them, and home unis are dark with the team name, I don't know what that's all about. I thought that's what I had. When I just dick around in Photoshop for a couple minutes making up an idea for a nonexistent team related to my Yahoo fantasy NBA team, and post it, I didn't realize I first had to get clearance through the US Copyright Office.

I was just having a little fun, didn't realize this place was so hardcore. I'll just keep on keeping things to myself. But thanks for calling me a kid though. Don't know if that's a compliment or a knock on my shoddy work.

It seems as though many people, myself included, do these concepts to bulk up their portfolios. It takes a lot of time to come up with these ideas, as I'm sure you know or have figured out. It'd just be better to give credit where credit is due beforehand rather than having all of this come around. It really doesn't make you as a designer look good. I don't think they're knocking what you did as far as the concept itself, but rather that you didn't give credit to DePaul or the Mavs.

Hey...there was no disrespect intended. it was more of a wiseass comment than anything. i know i am new here and don't know who is respected and who isn't, but i do have the common sense and decency not to attack anyone i don't know without cause. like i said, it was just more of a smartass comment than an attack...so "barnesdesign", for what it's worth, i'm sorry...i'll take my lumps like a man...

i only said what i said because that depaul logo itself looks pretty silly. i didn't know there was another place called "logoserver" that had stuff like this site. also, like i said in the first post, with all of the depaul exposure i get here (and it's fairly extensive at times), i have never seen that logo before...

again, my apologies!

Archived