Futuristic Football

Vertigo48

I think you may have a good idea here, but there are several problems. First off, you should make sure the concept is uniform. If you use a red facemask on one helmet view, use it on all the views. Is the helmet logo only on one side of the helmet? If the numbers and nameplate fade from back, half of the number may not be visible. Maybe just fade from red to yellow. Same with the logo so you can seee it all on the helmet. Also the logo looks like both sides have been cut off. Just doing these little things can improve this concept.

nit pick.. but the colors fade from red down to yellow on the jersey, then go back to red again on the pants. i would reverse the colors of the gradient on the pants so from shoulders to shoes it goes red-orange-yellow-orange-red and itll flowmore smoothly thenn red-orange-yellow-red-orange-yellow

with the numbers and letters .. the top would be hard to read... so how would u tell the difference between like 1 and 7 and also like U and O where ud need to see the tops... i agree with bigben that u would make the letters and numbers fade yellow to red not black to red so u can read them better

also just a small technical question but WHATS THE NAME OF THE TEAM?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

The red parts of the name/numbers is way too dark. It's really hard to see. Gradients just don't look good on a jersey in general, and you have many gradients. if you flipped the pants stripe upside down and got rid of the white strip at the top, it would look a bit better. It would fade from red to yellow and back to red. How you have it, it goes from red to yellow, random white spot, abruptly turns back into red, and then back into yellow.

A good idea marred by sloppiness and haste in posting.

If you develop it more, that meteor logo could be pretty sweet, honestly. I like the M, and I would like to see the wordmark and such. It doesn't really look all firery and stuff, but I see a great deal of potential in this, though not particularly in your ability to take the necessary time and effort to make this presentable.

Sorry to be so hard on you, but you have the same sloppiness in all of your concepts which so greatly overshadow the ideas you are attempting to present. It's like a 5 year old, the first time they do something, it's cute, but after a while, it's pretty annoying.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived