50 TEAM NFL

MDesign

you guys really need to be more original in coming up with team names...

fort worth stars?

there's already a stars team, in dallas... and fort worth is part of dallas, basically.

it's like saying that anaheim could get an NFL team, and call them the Anaheim Kings...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL has tried a minor league and it was not followed in the U.S., the WLAF and the World League.

The best attempted at Spring Football was still the USFL. Only because they had talented players and it was away from the NFL.

I think you seeing the NFL's interest in the AFL as an indicator of what they feel as the best US market for Minor League NFL system.

For there to be a sucessful spring league, minor league or otherwise you have to have players that move through the systems to become stars or solid preformers. It is part of the allure of minor league baseball, you can see Albert Pujos before he was ALBERT PUJOS, if you catch my drift.

The USFL had guys you knew if they went to the NFL would be superstars there too, plus guys who became stars that people over looked.

--------

However, all this said, that is the reality and for fun kicking around an idea like this is always fun.

------

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

you guys really need to be more original in coming up with team names...

fort worth stars?

there's already a stars team, in dallas... and fort worth is part of dallas, basically.

it's like saying that anaheim could get an NFL team, and call them the Anaheim Kings...

Damn, I might as well call them the Lawmen or the Wranglers!

As for St. Louis minor league team, they might play in Cape Girardeau, MO, and be known as either the Cape Girardeau Bighorns, the Missouri Bighorns, or the Southeastern Missouri Bighorns. In case you didn't know, Cape Girardeau is in the Paducah, KY, metropolitan area. Here's the link:

Paducah Metro > Cities in the Yahoo! Directory

YOZXkBG.png?1

Archived