50 TEAM NFL

MDesign

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that the NFL can pull off a minor league system.  One of the few issues would be the T.V. scheduling.  I think they could have Friday night games andSaturday dame time games. Maybe?

I don't know about you but I think it IS a good idea.

What's even better? Play it in the Spring time so it could avoid a scheduling conflict with the NFL.

YOZXkBG.png?1

I think that the NFL can pull off a minor league system.  One of the few issues would be the T.V. scheduling.  I think they could have Friday night games andSaturday dame time games. Maybe?

What's even better? Play it in the Spring time so it could avoid a scheduling conflict with the NFL.

It already exists. It's called NFL Europe.

6uXNWAo.png

NFL has a spring league.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

CHI- Springfield Cubs

Springfield doesn't have a stadium except for some high school fields. Plus Springfield's closer to St.Louis than Chicago. So why don't you move the team up here? We have 20,000 seat Hancock Stadium. And it's not like Illinois State ever uses it anyway. :P South Bend Cubs does sound good BTW.

On another note, couple months ago I was bored and created a 50-team league in an Olympic type format, considering the US is the only country in the world to play American football besides Canada and some Europe cities and might not ever become an Olympic sport. There was one team for every state with a nickname that would tie to the state like Hawaii Volcanos or Alaska Eskimos. I gave them team colors and stadiums in their state they could play in. It was going to be a spring/summer league.

Here's the stadiums list for these teams

ARZ- Albuquerque: University Stadium @ University of New Mexico

ATL- Birmingham: Legion Field

BAL- Roanoke: Lane Stadium/Worsham Field @ Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA)

BUF- Rochester: PAETEC Park

CAR- Raleigh-Durham: Carter-Finley Stadium @ NC State (Raleigh, NC), Wallace Wade Stadium @ Duke (Durham, NC), or Kenan Stadium @ UNC (Chapel Hill, NC)

CHI- South Bend: Notre Dame Stadium @ Univ. of Notre Dame

CIN- Columbus: Ohio Stadium @ THE Ohio St. University or Columbus Crew Stadium

CLE- Canton: Fawcett Stadium

DAL- Fort Worth: Amon G. Carter Stadium @ TCU

DEN- Salt Lake: Rice-Eccles Stadium @ University of Utah

DET- Lansing: Spartan Stadium @ Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI)

GB- Milwaukee: Horlick Field (Racine, WI), Perkins Stadium @ Univ. of Wisconsin-Whitewater (Whitewater, WI), or Art Keller Field @ Carthage College (Kenosha, WI)

HOU- San Antonio: Alamodome

IND- Louisville: Papa John's Cardinal Stadium @ Univ. of Louisville

JAC- Tallahassee: Doak Campbell Stadium @ Florida St. Univ.

KC- Wichita: Cessna Stadium @ Wichita State University

MIA- Fort Lauderdale: Lockhart Stadium

MIN- Fargo: FargoDome

NE- Hartford: Rentschler Field (East Hartford, CT)

NO- Mobile: Ladd-Peebles Stadium

NYG- Hudson Valley: Michie Stadium @ U.S. Military Academy (West Point, NY)

NYJ- Bridgeport: Ballpark at Harbor Yard?

OAK-Sacramento: Hornet Stadium @ Sacramento State Univ.

PHI- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre: Lackawanna County Stadium (Moosic, PA)

PIT- State College: Beaver Stadium @ Penn State University

SD- Las Vegas: Sam Boyd Stadium

SF- Reno: Mackay Stadium @ University of Nevada at Reno

SEA- Portland: PGE Park

STL- Jefferson City: Faurot Field @ University of Missouri (Columbia, MO)

TB- Orlando: Citrus Bowl

TEN- Memphis: Liberty Bowl Stadium

WAS- Richmond: UR Stadium @ University of Richmond

YOZXkBG.png?1

It already exists. It's called NFL Europe.

I know that but Football is so stapled in the lifestyle of Americana, that the NFL should try to bring competive football to small city America (It could maybe be a sucess like baseball minor's with classes based on pop., ect) B)

maxmarketingsmalllogocopy2-1-1.jpg

GB- Milwaukee: Horlick Field (Racine, WI), Perkins Stadium @ Univ. of Wisconsin-Whitewater (Whitewater, WI), or Art Keller Field @ Carthage College (Kenosha, WI)

Heck, maybe we should just move the Milwaukee team to Madison. That way they could play at Camp Randall.

I didn't realize Milwaukee was so low on acceptable football fields.

Heck, maybe we should just move the Milwaukee team to Madison. That way they could play at Camp Randall.

Anyway, it's been more than a decade since the Packers last played in Milwaukee.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Anyway, it's been more than a decade since the Packers last played in Milwaukee.

Have we ever heard of Miller Park? They played in County Stadium for years.

Columbia is its own distinct city, 30 miles away from Jefferson City and twice its size. If you want to base the team in Jefferson City, then you'd probably want to use Dwight T. Reed Stadium - the home field for Lincoln University. The stadium holds about 5000 and has no decent parking whatsoever.

Accordingly, your best bet would be to situate the franchise in St. Charles which is one of the westernmost communities in the St. Louis metro area. The team could play at Lindenwood University Stadium which holds about 7,000 and has better parking prospects.

you need to understand that myself as well as JH42XCC don't know everything about every place, our locations mostly depend on a few things, distance from major team, and population/popularity of city. it would probably work best if every team had a fan here on the boards and they decided the location of the minor league team. like myself, my team is the seahawks, i would land them in portland.

by the way im doing a concept for a portland osprey logo, lot like the seahawks. looks good right now. ill post it later.

Columbia is its own distinct city, 30 miles away from Jefferson City and twice its size. If you want to base the team in Jefferson City, then you'd probably want to use Dwight T. Reed Stadium - the home field for Lincoln University. The stadium holds about 5000 and has no decent parking whatsoever.

Accordingly, your best bet would be to situate the franchise in St. Charles which is one of the westernmost communities in the St. Louis metro area. The team could play at Lindenwood University Stadium which holds about 7,000 and has better parking prospects.

Either way, I might as well call them the Missouri Bighorns. But what about Springfield, MO, or Cape Girardeau, MO, or Carbondale, IL?

YOZXkBG.png?1

50 NFL teams would be utterly pointless and make the league almost impossible to really follow.

As for an NFL minor league, there is already one, the NFL Europe. That is during the summer and is used very well.

Don't forget that the AFL has a lot of talented football players and is basically used as a sort of minor league for the NFL. Then don't forget the slew of other indoor football leagues. The NIFL, the UIFL, and so on. Also, the fact that there aren't THAT many players talented enough to even play in a minor league NFL, especially for ALL 32 NFL teams. Actually, there aren't enough talented players to fill all of the NFL's 32 right now.

In other words, a "NDFL" of sorts CAN NOT and WILL NOT ever happen, so you might as well forget about it. Period.

Archived