Redesign Proposal

SEMOSTLfan

I am a student as Southeast Missouri State and last night I got to thinking that our football and basketball teams could really use an overhaul of their uniforms. We just changed our mascot last january from the Indians to the Redhawks but the teams kept the same generic uniforms with the exception of changing the helmet logo for the football team. The football team is the biggest offender in my book because they have about 6 different uni combinations and all three of their jerseys are a completely different design with each having numbers in different fonts. We will be starting a new era of football with a new coach next fall and I was thinking this may be a good time for a change. I have zero experience with concepts so i figured i would consult you guys and see if you wanted to give this a shot. Here are what the teams currently wear.

Link to all of our current logos: SEMO Logos

img_7928-lg.jpg

img_3202-lg.jpg

img_2694-lg.jpg

313589.jpg

img_3905-lg.jpg

img_4941-lg.jpg

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

There's nothing "uniform" about those football uniforms. :D

That being said, I might give it a shot.

my thoughts exactly, i have to look at a new uniform every stinkin saturday because im in the marching band here...its gets kind of annoying when you come into the stadium during pregame warmups and they are wearing yet another uniform set.

Cards08.jpg

Hey semostl, I looked up your team in the 1-AA division in NCAA Football 2005 and your school's team name was the Indians.

Did your school change team names because of the sudden people against indian names thing?

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

OK, here's my idea.

Give me a little break because I did it in paint and I had some problems saving it. I think it turned out alright, though, but I really want to know what y'all think. This is only my second concept.

SEMO Football

So what do you think? C&C appreciated.

AM.gif

thats nice, really nice unfortunately i dont have the logos in vector format.  is there a way i could do that?

Either trace them manually with the pen tool or use livetrace.

Or open up the pdf file in Illustrator.

Which has the vector version of the logo, except the very lowest part of the hawk is covered by the wordmark.

So you'll have to trace just that part.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

thats nice, really nice unfortunately i dont have the logos in vector format.  is there a way i could do that?

Either trace them manually with the pen tool or use livetrace.

Or open up the pdf file in Illustrator.

Which has the vector version of the logo, except the very lowest part of the hawk is covered by the wordmark.

So you'll have to trace just that part.

The black around the hawk overlaps the black in the wordmark, so how would I go about seperating those two? It deletes all the black around the hawk in the logo.

Untitled-1.png

those are nice looking, a vast improvement. What made you pick TJ Milcic for the jerseys? just curious because he happens to the team captain and probably our best player.

Cards08.jpg

these are awesome, if you wouldnt mind i'd like to see what the away jersey looks like with black pants. i don't want to come across as knocking your work because Im not but I think our school would probably stick with red helmets since thats the primary. I'd like to see what they look like with those two changes in mind. I really appreciate everyones work on these.

I'd really like to possibly submit something to the athletic department but you guys would have to help me out with that because I don't know all the legalities of doing that. Plus it would require your permission of course.

Cards08.jpg

Archived