Unfinished League Concept

Patriot54

Québec City is the capital of the province and also the oldest city in continental North America.... Founded in 1608 by Samuel de Champlain.

I think St. Augustine, Florida is the oldest city in North America, founded by the Spanish in 1565.

I think St. Augustine, Florida is the oldest city in North America, founded by the Spanish in 1565.

Ah, it might be.... If so, it would means that all my history courses in high school would have been just a complete lie....

ahahahhaahahahah

Provincial government propaganda . . . like the maps that include Labrador as part of Quebec. :D

I don't see many maps made in Quebec myself, but I read about it years ago in Canadian Geographic magazine, which had an article about how maps can be used to distort facts to illustrate a particular viewpoint. In this case, If I remember right, the map supported the idea that Labrador (and importantly, it's natural resources) should belong to Quebec rather than the offshore island province of Newfoundland.

Some examples I quickly found with Google:

carte-quebec.jpgcarte-quebec.jpgn0086240k.jpg

Quebec's actual boundaries:

Quebec-map.png

Here's the link to the article.

French Version

English Version

By the way, here's some of the teams I planned to work on for the CAFL. If anyone wants to take some of these team names and make a logo/uniform concept, go right ahead. Or you can add or change some teams if you want.

Also, the Orcas and Thunder Bay Snowstorm need their own original logos but I can't think of anything.

Here's the 2006 CAFL lineup:

New Brunswick Orcas

Vancouver Pride

Ontario Explorers

Thunder Bay Snowstorm (with an original logo)

Quebec Tribe (looking for a bad@ss eskimo with spear)

Toronto Phantoms (was a real AFL team, but I'd like to see a new logo/colors)

Ottawa Lumberjacks

BC Rapids

Hudson Bay Seadogs

Northwest Territories (will either be the Northwest Buffaloes or Northwest Falcons)

Any reason you totally skipped Alberta?

Alberta, Edmonton and Calgary are all on my list - I just haven't thought of nicknames for the teams.

Archived