Question about Utah Jazz uni history

Ron Mexico

RGreenJazz.jpg

So is the lighting off in this pic or did they have some kind of green uni back in the day? If so, how long did they wear it for?

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

They wore a green road jersey when they first moved to Utah. I'm not sure how long it lasted, but I believe both Stockton and Malone wore these in their rookie years.

Thanks.

I'm looking for more pics of these but can't find any. Has anyone seen one of these for sale or in action? They would make nice throwbacks for a HC night.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Mitchell and Ness sells this jersey. They have it dated as 82/83. I'm still not sure when they went back to purple, or what the home version of this uniform looked like.

JAZ83R04_W.jpg

strangely enough, IIRC the Jazz' home jerseys at that time were essentially the ones they had brought with them from Nawlins, meaning predominantly purple trim. all the odder that these greens had no purple whatsoever.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

One of the great mysteries is why the Utah Jazz waited so long to change colors. The green, purple and yellow were fine for Mardi Gras Nawlins, but the Utah Jazz (home in Salt Lake, where Mardi Gras is probably not such a huge day of revelry) waited almost twenty years to change the colors! Whaa?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Archived