Moulds suspended for season

TurnTwo

What did he say/do? Obviously the Bills get no national attention so I'm totally in the dark about this one.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

What did he say/do? Obviously the Bills get no national attention so I'm totally in the dark about this one.

From the 5-second blurb I heard, it may have something to do with Moulds' consecutive games with a catch streak breaking this past Sunday, and Moulds being pissed about it. Not 100% sure, though...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Now they're saying he "could be" suspended...

Bills' Eric Moulds Could Be Suspended

By JOHN WAWROW

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. - Buffalo Bills receiver Eric Moulds was not at practice Wednesday amid reports he could be suspended by coach Mike Mularkey for undisclosed reasons.

Mularkey told Moulds of his plan to suspend him during a meeting Monday, a person directly informed of the discussion told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the team had not yet announced plans to suspend Moulds. The person said Moulds, a three-time Pro Bowl selection, was shocked and confused following the meeting with Mularkey. 

The Buffalo News, citing an unidentified NFL source, disclosed Mularkey's intention earlier in the day. The final decision, however, will be up to team owner Ralph Wilson, the newspaper reported.

Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold said he expected Mularkey to address Moulds' status during his weekly news conference later Wednesday.

Moulds and agent Harold Harrison could not be reached for comment. In his 10th season with Buffalo, Moulds is the team's senior player and second to Andre Reed in most of the Bills' career receiving categories.

The Bills (4-8), on the verge of missing the playoffs for the sixth straight season, play the New England Patriots on Sunday.

The dispute comes after Moulds carefully expressed his frustrations and questioned the team's play-calling after he was benched for most of the final three quarters of Buffalo's 24-23 loss at Miami on Sunday. It was a game the Bills led 23-3 entering the fourth quarter.

"I don't really want to comment on it. I don't want it to be a situation like T.O.," Moulds said, referring to troubled Philadelphia Eagles receiver Terrell Owens, who was suspended for four games and will finish out the year on the team's inactive list.

Moulds did question why they didn't run the ball more to run down the clock in the second half. The game's momentum turned when Bills quarterback J.P. Losman threw an interception on first-and-goal from the 3 late in the third quarter.

"You're up 21-0, you've got to be able to pound the football and ... wear them down," Moulds said. "We had some spread formations, trying to do some crazy stuff and turning the ball over, keeping the defense on the field for God knows how long. You can't win a game like that."

After the game, Mularkey said Moulds had taken himself out of the game. On Monday, the coach would only say that he met privately with Moulds.

"That's internal and personal," Mularkey said. "Eric and I have had a good talk and we'll keep it at that."

Before practice Wednesday, running back Willis McGahee said he learned the news regarding Moulds from the media.

"It's crazy. It's a lot of chaos," McGahee said. "You don't know what to expect right now at this point."

Safety Troy Vincent said he was unaware of Moulds' status, but added the team can't afford to lose a player of Moulds' caliber.

"Eric Moulds has proven himself as a fine football player," Vincent said. "Players of his quality give your team a chance to win every Sunday."

Vincent, who is also the NFL Players' Association president, said the union has not received any information about Moulds' status.

Moulds failed to make a catch against the Dolphins, ending his streak for receptions at a franchise-record 121 games. It was the fourth-longest active streak, a list led by Indianapolis' Marvin Harrison, who has a catch in 151 straight games.

His production is down this season, although he still leads the team with 54 catches for 511 yards. He also has three touchdowns, second to Lee Evans' six.

Moulds is the franchise's second-leading receiver with 648 career catches for 8,791 yards. His best season was 2002, when he had a franchise record 100 catches for 1,292 yards and a career-high 10 touchdowns. He also holds the single-season record with 1,368 yards receiving, set in 1998.

A service of the Associated Press(AP)

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

The talk is that he was either frustrated with not being thrown to by Losman (Evans had three TD's real fast) and took himself out OR that he was hurt and took himself out..

Supposedly the reciever's coach asked him to go back in and he didn't respond..

The Bills are a mess and going backwards..

McGahee thinks he should get the ball 60 times a game

Donahue and Mularkey should be gone before the team ends up in LA..

Donahue has had six years of rebuilding..He is almost as bad as Millen

Bills are a bit of a mess, but the Bills move to LA? Not going to happen. Moulds is getting old and needs to realize that Evans is the #1 guy now, he'll have to accept being the #2 or else find himself playing somewhere else.

McGahee is a key part of the offense but he needs to realize that he's NOT the best RB in football as he's once stated, and that 60 carries a game isn't going to happen.

I like the direction that they're going in though. Losman, McGahee and Evans are going to be the key parts of the Bills offense together for a long time, Chris Kelsay is emerging as a beast at LDE and McGee and Clements are still quite young.

They're far from being a powerhouse, but they have a good nucleus there to build upon.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Archived