Nhl 2004: the complete(?) uniform list

RyanB06

Thought there might be some interest here in this; just picked up the game and was curious. There are quite a few surprises!

(some dates from nhluniforms.com, thanks!)

ANAHEIM: Home/away, 1997-98 home and away

ATLANTA: Home/away, plus Atlanta Flames home/away(!)

BOSTON: H/A/3rd, 80s A, 70s(?) H, 1926-27

BUFFALO: H/A/3rd, 1970 H/A

CALGARY: H/A (H is horse-head, sorry!), 80s H/A, 1995 H

CAROLINA: H/A

COLUMBUS: H/A

COLORADO: H/A/3rd, Quebec H/A, Colorado Rockies A(!)

CHICAGO: H/A/3rd, 1926-27, 1937-38

DALLAS: H/A, 90s H/A

DETROIT: H/A, 1929-30, 1935-36?

EDMONTON: H/A/3rd, 80s H/A

FLORIDA: H/A/3rd (H is the blue, 3rd the red)

LOS ANGELES: H/A/3rd, 90s A, early 80s A, 70s A

MINNESOTA: H/A (no 3rd), Minnesota North Stars A(!)

MONTREAL: H/A, Vintage 1 (white to be worn vs. Edmonton this season), Vintage 2 (red with "CA" logo)

NASHVILLE: H/A/3

NEW JERSEY: H/A, 80s H/A (with green)

NY ISLANDERS: H/A/3rd, 70s H, 1995-96 A

NY RANGERS: H/A/3rd, 1976-77 H, 1940s

OTTAWA: H/A/3rd, 1991 A, 1920s (Original Sens)

PHILADELPHIA: H/A/3rd, 80s A, 70s H

PHOENIX: New H/A, 2002 H/A/3rd, 90s Winnipeg, 80s Winnipeg

PITTSBURGH: H/A, 90s H, 80s A, 1967-68 H (the blue one), 90s A

ST. LOUIS: H/A, 1995-98 A, 70s H, 80s A

SAN JOSE: H/A/3rd, 1991-92 H/A

TAMPA BAY: H/A/3rd

TORONTO: H/A/3rd, 70s H, 30s, 20s ("St. Pats")

VANCOUVER: H/A/3rd, 1996 A, 1994 H, 80s A, 70s A/H, 1986 A

WASHINGTON: H/A, 90s A (blue), 80s H/A

Overall, a pretty good mixture. Looks like there are others you can unlock, I really haven't played the game much to this point to find out.

What was of interest was that some throwbacks were linked to teams that have no business wearing them (i.e. the Wild with the North Stars, Thrashers with Flames, etc.). But some throwbacks are better than none!

And no, there still is no Hartford Whalers. Remember that the state of Connecticut owns the logos and uniform designs, not the NHL.

OK, I'm done babbling...discuss!  :D

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Thats odd that they would link those teams up, but they have Winnipeg with Pheonix, like they should be.

They may have been linked like that just because of hte ame city connection. The Wild with teh north stars, although they would be better put in with Dallas, link the stars to north star, atlanta flames to calgary. probubly just being lazy, thinking people who play won't know the connections.

or maybe someone just messed up. who knows?

EA supposedly had a new production team work on 2004.

Considering the EA NHL series is the Best Game Series Ever, this worries me.  But, there were certainly things that could be improved on, mostly in the small details.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Thought there might be some interest here in this; just picked up the game and was curious. There are quite a few surprises!

These associations are dangin' stupid and the production team should be beaten for them.

I need a new video card to play the game in order to see the players names and numbers.  Without it though I can still play although it looks like a practice with no numerals to recognize players with.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Maybe they thought the cities that those teams played in would use them more than the cities they moved to? You definitely see more North Star jerseys in the Wild crowds. I wouldn't think a Dallas fan would care as much.

I can't believe I am beating my colleague from Raytown on this one, but no KC Scouts???  I can understand the absence of the Whalers given the issues with the trademark ownership, but other than that the short-lived, Kemper dwellers  are the only post-67 team still operating as an active franchise not to be represented.  Also, since they decided to go geographic with the throwbacks, would it have hurt to given San Jose some Seal alt's and the Jackets a set of Baron uni's?

Yeah, I noticed that, too! My only concern with the KC Scouts is on what current NHL team they'd be on.

(My guess would be the Devils, since they're the direct descendants of the Scouts. But what do I know?)  :D

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Maybe they thought the cities that those teams played in would use them more than the cities they moved to? You definitely see more North Star jerseys in the Wild crowds. I wouldn't think a Dallas fan would care as much.

So, Thrashers fans should have more claim to the Atlanta Flames than the Calgary Flames? I don't think so!

Archived