Québec City Gulls: Part II

GeorgesL

After considering all the C & C you gave me regarding my Québec City Gulls poll a while back, I've decided to create a new cap logo, using the navy blue and gold colours, which fit the city. Thus the black and white will soon be a thing of the past. BTW this logo is influenced by the famous Baltimore Orioles' cartoon bird logo.

gullhead.jpg

C & C, please!

I have to admit I don't see this as an improvement. First off, your old QC caps were sweet. For another thing, the aesthetics of this cartoon clash on a fundamental level with the classy script you've designed for your uniform jerseys. This will be like dressing James Bond in a black Italian tuxedo and a yellow foam cheesehead.

Finally, when I see a cartoon cap logo that is itself wearing a cap, and the cap the cartoon head is wearing has some other logo on it, it makes me want to scream and rend fabric and shout out, "Just give me that cap and skip the freakin' cartoon middleman!" If even your cartoon gull won't wear a cap with a cartoon gull on it, why should anyone else? Listen to your own cartoon gull: If he would rather wear a cap with a fleur-de-lis on it than a cap with a cartoon gull on it, then a cap with a cartoon gull is the wrong way to go.

Nice colors, though.

20082614447.png

I have to admit I don't see this as an improvement. First off, your old QC caps were sweet. For another thing, the aesthetics of this cartoon clash on a fundamental level with the classy script you've designed for your uniform jerseys. This will be like dressing James Bond in a black Italian tuxedo and a yellow foam cheesehead.

Finally, when I see a cartoon cap logo that is itself wearing a cap, and the cap the cartoon head is wearing has some other logo on it, it makes me want to scream and rend fabric and shout out, "Just give me that cap and skip the freakin' cartoon middleman!" If even your cartoon gull won't wear a cap with a cartoon gull on it, why should anyone else? Listen to your own cartoon gull: If he would rather wear a cap with a fleur-de-lis on it than a cap with a cartoon gull on it, then a cap with a cartoon gull is the wrong way to go.

Nice colors, though.

So you like these better:

qubeccityjerseys.jpg

So you like these better:

qubeccityjerseys.jpg

Totally. But keep in mind that even on a good day I don't much like cap-wearing cartoon cap logos. As far as cartoon bird heads go, yours is very well drawn. It would be an awesome shoulder patch.

I just think that the uniforms you've got, even when I re-imagine them in blue and yellow, won't look right with the cartoon bird cap logo. The jerseys are so timeless and classic, with a big-league feel, and that cartoon bird head is so 1978, with a minor-league feel, that there's just some aesthetic dissonance.

Then again, maybe your uniforms will lose a little of their current crispness when you make the switch to blue and yellow, and the bird head cap will work better than I can imagine. Only one way to find out!

20082614447.png

As far as cartoon bird heads go, yours is very well drawn. It would be an awesome shoulder patch.

I just think that the uniforms you've got, even when I re-imagine them in blue and yellow, won't look right with the cartoon bird cap logo. The jerseys are so timeless and classic, with a big-league feel, and that cartoon bird head is so 1978, with a minor-league feel, that there's just some aesthetic dissonance.

Then again, maybe your uniforms will lose a little of their current crispness when you make the switch to blue and yellow, and the bird head cap will work better than I can imagine. Only one way to find out!

Let's go for it:

gullhead2.jpg

Archived