new sf giants unis for 06

no new jerseys for 06. the collar piping on my authentic home jersey goes all the way down to the top of the third button, and it is out of view when the jersey is buttoned up.

its just exposed here because morris didnt bother buttoning his jersey up.

That is how it's done for any authentic jersey that has the collar-only piping. I have the new navy Padres alt, and it's the same: the piping goes down the inside of the jersey to about the 3rd button or so.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Do the cardinals not have a red jersey?  They must have retired it, or banished it to batting practice only.

In the 80s they wore their batting practice jerseys for one game. Pictures have not been found.

Other than that, Since 1922 its been the Birds on the Bat on white/grey for their entire existance except: 1922 (alt), a few years in the 1920s where it was just a single bird on the bat, 1926 (home), and 1956 (neither had them)

I don't know if this is completely accurate... for one thing didn't the Cardinals wear light blue jerseys on the road during the horrific 70's "anything but Gray" era?

I also thought I remembered them wearing a Red "Sunday Jersey" a couple summers ago with their Blue Alt. Hats for a few games. This memory however is not as clear as the Light Blue Away's

Do the cardinals not have a red jersey?  They must have retired it, or banished it to batting practice only.

In the 80s they wore their batting practice jerseys for one game. Pictures have not been found.

Other than that, Since 1922 its been the Birds on the Bat on white/grey for their entire existance except: 1922 (alt), a few years in the 1920s where it was just a single bird on the bat, 1926 (home), and 1956 (neither had them)

I have a RED Cardinals knit gamer from the MDA Labor Day game. I'm not at home, so I can't confirm the year, although I think it's from 1999. It's a front number away from perfect! It's beautiful!

I don't know if this is completely accurate... for one thing didn't the Cardinals wear light blue jerseys on the road during the horrific 70's "anything but Gray" era?

I also thought I remembered them wearing a Red "Sunday Jersey" a couple summers ago with their Blue Alt. Hats for a few games. This memory however is not as clear as the Light Blue Away's

Bah, I knew that would be brought up.

Baby Blue for a period (early ozzie smith) and also cream for a period (gibson days)

I have a RED Cardinals knit gamer from the MDA Labor Day game. I'm not at home, so I can't confirm the year, although I think it's from 1999. It's a front number away from perfect! It's beautiful!

The Cards only wore the red top that one game, not multiple games and auctioned them off the same day.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

starting in 2005 the Giants ran a promotion for friday night home games called "Orange Friday", in which they encouraged fans to wear predominately orange clothing to SBC Park, usually had some sort of orange giveaway, and held contests as to whom in the ballpark could be the "orangest fan" of the game.

as a result, they started selling a lot of predominately orange merchandise such as t shirts that say "I see orange people" and basic logo and wordmark tees, hoodies, sweaters, jackets, in orange.

Personally, Ive always wanted something to wear to friday night home games that was predominately orange, however I have this silly little superstition that I must be wearing a jersey to any sports event I attend. About the only authentic jersey the Giants have available that is predominately orange is the cooperstown pullover jerseys from the late 70s, and there is no way in hell am I gonna sport one of those. ^_^

therefore, I would like to see them do either one or both of these:

perhaps wear alternate jerseys for friday home games with orange lettering and numbers outlined in black like this

giantsOrange1.gif

it not too much of a departure from the regular home jersey and in a way, is sort of reminiscent of the uniform they wore in the early 70s, when they had orange lettering and numbers outlined in black

speiersf.jpg

or, they could bust out a special "friday only" bp jersey that is predominately orange.

giantsOrange2.gif

Im not particularly a fan of the script G logo and wordmark, but I love that bridge G ligature logo that Nike made for them, and would like for them to go with that on thier BP gear regardless if it was orange or black.

Archived