Weirdest thing you ever saw at a sporting event

maz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year at the Wake-NC State game, the ZOOper Stars were doing the halftime and timeout entertainment. They appeared once in the first half, and again at halftime. During a timeout in the second half, a blowup clam ran out onto the court. By this time, we all were a little tired of the act. This clam kept was tossing around a ball with his tongue, but at one point he managed to drop it. It rolled over to what appeared to be one of the staff member of NC State. The guy turned around and picked up the ball, and the clam looked at him kinda funny. The guys threw the ball over the clam's head, but the clam chased it down and brought it back to the guy. The guy took it and threw it again. The clam chased it down and brought it back to him. This time the guy acted like he threw it, but palmed it instead. The clam took off, but couldn't find it. The guy tossed the ball in the air a few times to himself, acting all smug. The clam saw him, and ran over to him. The guy laughed at him, but the clam went up and swallowed him! Everyone cracked up! After further review, I figured out that the guy was plant. He was cleverly dressed in a red polo, and no one knew he was not really from State. But regardless he was hilarious.

Last year at the Wake-NC State game, the ZOOper Stars were doing the halftime and timeout entertainment. They appeared once in the first half, and again at halftime. During a timeout in the second half, a blowup clam ran out onto the court. By this time, we all were a little tired of the act. This clam kept was tossing around a ball with his tongue, but at one point he managed to drop it. It rolled over to what appeared to be one of the staff member of NC State. The guy turned around and picked up the ball, and the clam looked at him kinda funny. The guys threw the ball over the clam's head, but the clam chased it down and brought it back to the guy. The guy took it and threw it again. The clam chased it down and brought it back to him. This time the guy acted like he threw it, but palmed it instead. The clam took off, but couldn't find it. The guy tossed the ball in the air a few times to himself, acting all smug. The clam saw him, and ran over to him. The guy laughed at him, but the clam went up and swallowed him! Everyone cracked up! After further review, I figured out that the guy was plant. He was cleverly dressed in a red polo, and no one knew he was not really from State. But regardless he was hilarious.

Yep, I, too, was tricked when the clam (Clammy Sosa) ate a referee at a Colorado Mammoth NLL game.

IUe6Hvh.png

A couple for me:

My freshman year at North Texas (1980), the Mean Green played SMU in Texas Stadium. SMU had Eric Dickerson and Craig James in the backfield (the "Pony Express"). The San Diego Chicken was working the game, and I have to say that he was either naturally obnoxious, or really, really drunk. They had some between-quarters promotion going on where they threw quarters into one endzone, and then some selected fans got to pick up as many as they could within an allotted time. The Chicken proceeded to hump as many of the female participants as he could. Nice. Then, our Eagle mascot went over and kicked him in the ass. Hard. The two almost got into a fist-fight (wing-fight?), before security got involved. Happy times.

I was also at a Rangers-Yankees game in the '80s (back at old Arlington Stadium) where I saw Yankee Manager Billy Martin walking around before the game, and then he disappeared. It turned out that he had some sort of medical condition and needed a shot in his ribs. The Rangers' trainer (a friend of Billy's I might add) gave him a shot in his side, and it apparently collapsed Billy's lung. He had to be rushed to the hospital and missed the game.

Someone else mentioned Manute Bol. I was at a Mavericks-Bullets game back in the day, and Manute and Muggsy Bogues were teammates on the Bullets. They used to run this play where the two of them would move to one side of the court, next to each other. 7-7 and 5-3. Freakin' circus act.

Last year at the Wake-NC State game, the ZOOper Stars were doing the halftime and timeout entertainment. They appeared once in the first half, and again at halftime. During a timeout in the second half, a blowup clam ran out onto the court. By this time, we all were a little tired of the act. This clam kept was tossing around a ball with his tongue, but at one point he managed to drop it. It rolled over to  what appeared to be one of the staff member of NC State. The guy turned around and picked up the ball, and the clam looked at him kinda funny. The guys threw the ball over the clam's head, but the clam chased it down and brought it back to the guy. The guy took it and threw it again. The clam chased it down and brought it back to him. This time the guy acted like he threw it, but palmed it instead. The clam took off, but couldn't find it. The guy tossed the ball in the air a few times to himself, acting all smug. The clam saw him, and ran over to him. The guy laughed at him, but the clam went up and swallowed him! Everyone cracked up! After further review, I figured out that the guy was plant. He was cleverly dressed in a red polo, and no one knew he was not really from State. But regardless he was hilarious.

Yep, I, too, was tricked when the clam (Clammy Sosa) ate a referee at a Colorado Mammoth NLL game.

Ive seen them do this at just about every New York Dragons game last season. You think they would change the routine up a bit.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Archived