World junior 2005

-kj

Remember we had a discussion some months ago about the 2005 World Junior Hockey Championships logo?

Seems that USA Hockey finalilzed the logo last month.  It's an SME design, and it's quite a bit different than the logo that had been on the ticket pamphlets, though it does use the same theme of the skating player with the flag trailing.

2005 World Junior logo

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

what's an SME design?

Apparently a company named SME Design made it.  See also: Anaheim alternate jersey discussion.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

From what I remember, SME didn't create the logo they had been using. This is pretty weird to me, 'cause I was told the people in Grand Forks didn't have a lot of money to spend on the logo, so they were trying to work with small companies who would do it for the exposure rather than the cash. That's the only reason I had the chance to put in a submission.

For those who didn't see them before, my designs (and the story behind them) are at http://www.clarkrasmussen.com/portfolio/li...php?type=g&id=7.

My connection to the people in Grand Forks is in Ecuador until January, but I'll try to see if I can figure out what brought about the switch.

Remember we had a discussion some months ago about the 2005 World Junior Hockey Championships logo?

Seems that USA Hockey finalilzed the logo last month. It's an SME design, and it's quite a bit different than the logo that had been on the ticket pamphlets, though it does use the same theme of the skating player with the flag trailing.

2005 World Junior logo

I've already got my ticket order in and my seat location (3rd row, upper level right at center ice) for this tournament.

Now I just hope I'm able to actually go...

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• LMU locked this topic

Archived