Looking for Blues 68-70 jersey specs

tomhunter8

Does anyone know where I can find the specs/design/pattern/material info for the 1968-70 St. Louis Blues home (white) jersey? I played for a team back in the mid 70's that used that particular jersey (minus the Blues logo). My jersey is long gone and I'm trying to find out if it's possible to have one re-created.

I truly appreciate any help you might be able to give me.

Moore,%20Dickie%2067-68.jpg

Blues68-70.gif

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

Thanks Robpas and Pooter, I'll check that site out and definitely post the results if I can get something done. Thanks for the help.

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

No luck so far. I'm not looking to buy a Blues jersey. What I really need is either having a jersey made using the Rawlings type dureen material (if possible) or finding an old blank jersey, which I'm sure is extremely rare. I appreciate the help so far, but I was wondering if anyone else has any more ideas that I can try.

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

The closest you're likely to get is the 1967 Expansion Collection series that CCM released a couple of years ago. They are a heavier durene-like material and very nice quality overall. There is one on eBay.ca right now. The problem for your project is that CCM reproduced the original version worn in 1967 which has a different striping pattern than you are looking for. Also, I'm not confident you could get the crest off without it being noticeable as I believe it is glued on.

Hopefully you can complete your project. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

WOOHOO!!!!!!! I found one! :D

I realize that this is probably only important to me, so please bear with me and pardon my excitement.

After years of hoping and searching I just bought the jersey I was looking for on ebay, a 1970 St. Louis Blues blank home dureen jersey. And it's a never worn, brand spanking new jersey from the early 1970's.

To the best of my knowledge the only differences between my original jersey and the one I just purchased is the neck line and cuffs. My original jersey had a v-neck and blue cuffs, while the new one has a round neck and white cuffs.

Once I receive the new jersey and have it screen printed, I'll post a finished product photo on here so you can see it.

Below are two photos of my original jersey, a black and white from 1975 and a color from 1981 after most of the screen printing had worn off. I've also posted two photos of the new jersey so you can see what I bought.

Flyers1.jpgFlyers2.jpg11ebay.jpg12ebay.jpg

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

Thanks Fanatic!

I totally agree about the Blues. I heard someone on the radio say they have the second best record in the NHL since Feb 1. Pretty amazing considering the horrendous start they had to the season. These young players are out working every team they play. Energy is good. :D

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

Tom - Good luck with your re-creation. I'm trying to do the same with an ancient USHL jersey (ok, from the early 70s - it only seems ancient because I can't find a picture of the crest).

Yale - try here - http://www.bigstick.ca/index.htm it's where I plan on buying a 1969-70 era blank Bruins jersey for my project.

It's where I sit.

Tom, where did you find the jersey? I'd be interested in replacing my 1968 Jacques Plante jersey seeing as how it's a boy's size small and hasn't fit me since 1976.

I was fortunate enough to find it on ebay after monitoring for a long time. I had to outbid someone who buys and sells a lot of jerseys, but I was determined to get it. I ended up paying $59.65 and I think it was well worth it. Especially when you consider that it has never been worn or washed and is in pristine condition.

I would imagine if you keep checking long enough the jersey you want will appear on ebay too. :D

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

Tom - Good luck with your re-creation. I'm trying to do the same with an ancient USHL jersey (ok, from the early 70s - it only seems ancient because I can't find a picture of the crest).

Yale - try here - http://www.bigstick.ca/index.htm it's where I plan on buying a 1969-70 era blank Bruins jersey for my project.

That's cool! What team jersey are you trying to recreate?

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

The Green Bay Bobcats. In the late 60s early 70s, they wore a Boston Bruins style jersey with a Bobcat crest. I can't find the crest, and the jersey offered by "oldjerseys3" on ebay isn't correct. I'm going to Green Bay in two weeks and will have some spare time while there. I'll be searching the collectibels shops looking for an old program or something with a picture of the crest.

It's where I sit.

Hey Sec19Row53,

I hope this might help you out. If you go to ebay and search for "Historical Look at Hockey in WISCONSIN CD Milwaukee" you'll find a CD that has the following description:

"Please read carefully so you fully understand what this CD contains:

SUBJECT AREA:

GREEN BAY BOBCATS

MADISON MONSTERS

MILWAUKEE CLARKS

MILWAUKEE SEAGULLS

MILWAUKEE ADMIRALS INDEPENDANT DAYS

1) Contains images pertaining to the subject area above, includes images of team photos, team memorabilia (game programs, media guides, pucks, pins, etc..), some player photos, ,

2) nice collage of items pertaining to the history of the teams stated in the subject area

if your a historian this is a great CD for you, tons of information you can use to build a website too,

PHOTO SIZE AND VIEWING:

the size of these photos range to small pics and very large size pics, if you have a DVD that plays JPEG all the pictures will be blown up. Great for watching on DVD players that play JPEG format, also can viewed via your computer.

PHOTO FORMATS INCLUDE: JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF,

This CD contains a large assortment of other memorabilia also related to the subject heading, if your looking for other teams or leagues not listed please email me and I'll see what I can do.

PHOTO SIZE AND VIEWING:

the size of these photos range to small pics and very large size pics, if you have a DVD that plays JPEG all the pictures will be blown up. Great for watching on DVD players that play JPEG format, also can viewed via your computer.

PHOTO FORMATS INCLUDE: JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF,

This CD contains a large assortment of other memorabilia also related to the subject heading, if your looking for other teams or leagues not listed please email me and I'll see what I can do.

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

Archived