Atlanta Thrashers concept

steiny_ramone

While powder blue is a very miniscule part of the thrashers unis (other than the alt)I wanted to see how their uniforms would look if I ditched the dark red in place of the powder blue. A few other minor changes have been made to the colouring of some of the stripes. I also included a 4th jersey that uses more white than yellow (gold?). C+C please

thrashers2.png

thrashers1.png

thrashers3.png

thrashers4.png

Hmmm ... interesting. **strokes chin**

I do like it, but I like the red better. I think the look they have now is unique. The double blue look has been done quite a few times (Toronto Argonauts, Toronto Blue Jays, Tennessee Titans, etc.), so maybe it's just looking a little old to me. But at least you didn't include the asymmetrically sleeved alternate. :D

It's not bad, but I love the Blue / Brick / Gold look that they have now, and even though they don't have it too much in the NHL, you've pretty much done the Jazz / Grizzlies thing with a hockey team.

philly.png

Wow. Tough one...

Were the Thrashers not already using a great color package, these'd be unreal. Even judged on their own, these are beautiful (and thank God, symmetrical) and I'd love to see any or all of these on the ice. But I do love the red. If that's the biggest gripe I have with these, you made one heck of a nice concept.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

thanks to everyone for their comments so far. In response to the comments about double blue being over-used in sports, double blue has only been seen in the NHL on one team in the league's 89 years of existence. In general double blue is overused, but in hockey it's not.

Archived