Dan snyder died

CDunn

Atlanta Thrashers center Dan Synder died tonight, October 5, in Atlanta. He was involved in a severve car crash while riding with teammate Dany Heatley about a week prior. Heatley's car was ripped in two, but Heatley only suffered a broken jaw and shoulder, a bruised liver, kidney,and lung. Snyder was not wearing his seat belt and was thrown from the front of the car. The car was going 80mph in an upscale section of Atlanta known as Buckhead down a Lenox road. Lenox is very curvy and Heatly lost control and slammed into a brick pillar part of a fence surrounding a condominium sub division. I used to live a mile or less from where the crash was. Synder's skull collapsed and had surgery performed at Grady Memorial Hospital the next day. Synder went into a coma and never woke up. Heatley will face several minor charges and one felony charge for serious injury by vehicle. God bless Dan Synder and his family.

RIP Dan Synder.  I don't what the law is in Georgia, but I wonder if Heatley might have to deal with more charges that his teammate and friend has passed away.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The charges might well be increased because of Synder's passing.

The Thrashers better put some sort of patch on the uniform instead of a sticker on the helmet.  Since they are putting a 5th anniversary patch on the right chest, put a memorial patch on the left sleeve in place of a sleeve logo.  I hope that's what they do.

I don't think Heatley will ever touch the ice again, personally.  He tore his ACL and MCL, which he can recover from, but I believe he faces vehicular manslaughter charges now.  My prayers go out to Dan Snyders family and his teammates.

RIP Dan Snyder.  25 is just too young to die.

IUe6Hvh.png

This guy works his whole life to make it to the NHL and it all ends going into what should be his most promising season thus far in his career and it's all thrown away just like that, it sucks.

I'd imagine Heatley is feeling pretty crummy right about now (he's an idiot, but he's human), and it's only going to get worse for him as I'm sure he will now face vehicular manslaugher charges.

A sad day in the NHL, and the world of hockey, Elmira Ontario is going to be a pretty sad place for the next little while.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• LMU locked this topic

Archived