Wally to Boston

HowBoutThemFins

i'm getting so used to the Twolves never having a first round draft pick. This year, McCants, was the first first rounder in years, now they are giving them up again.

I am sick of it.

Boston got a lottery pick in the deal... That is why I think they got the better end. The (not ha ha) funny thing for me is that I always hated Wally. This year I have kind of liked him. But the T-Wolves need a shake up. He's a good ball player, but he is selfish. Hopefully he'll get along better with his Boston teammates than in Minnesota.

I have to admit, I am glad to see the Kandi Man go. I hate him. He is tall and I think he has some ability. But he has no heart. He just goes through the motions. If he had Mark Madsen's heart and desire, he'd be pretty good.

If the draft pick portion of the swap had been more even, I'd be OK with the deal. But I hate losing the lottery pick.

As for McHale. He's been a disaster. They drafted KG (I don't know if McHale was there yet) because the lottery bumped them down to the fifth pick. They have done little right since then. Getting Cassel and Sprewell was good--they made a one-year (should have been two year) run. But McHale's the guy that took a very ordinary player--Joe Smith--and risked the franchise's future on an illegal contract. I'd trade him for any GM in the league...except Danny Ainge.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

Β 

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I wouldn't say Szczerbiak is overrated, but I'm probably a little biased since he's on my fantasy team. He's pulling 20.1 points, 4.8 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game this year, all above the league average for forwards. Now I'm just worried he will get lost in the shuffle in Boston.

Isn't it the definition of a "good trade" when both teams fans feel they came out worse off? :mad:

I certainly think giving up a first round pick was unthinkable in the Wolves case. And what do we need more second round (Ndudi Ebi) picks? Seriously? Second round picks in the NBA are worthless. Late first round picks are worthless!

Where's that thread about which teams fan base has it the worst? The Wolves just took an big step up that ladder...

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Ricky Davis didn't look so bad in his first game with the Wolves: 26 points. Not bad.

Are you old enough to remember Herschel Walker's first game with the Vikings...

^_^

Maybe getting rid of Wally was just that important. I doubt it, but I can cling to hope...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

Β 

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On paper it may look like McHale got the better of Ainge but there are many other factors to consider in a swap like this. If you look at all the pieces of the deal, it's clearly a trade that makes sense for both teams (although I aggree with OnWis97 and give the edge to the Cs because of the future #1).

No question Davis is a big loss offensively-- he brought energy, highlight dunks and was a fan favorite. He made huge strides off the court as well, maturing into a decent community guy. But to say he was a good defensive player is false. And he makes lots of bad decisions on the floor and is a turnover machine. Szczerbiak is similar in that he's defensively challenged, but takes much better care of the basketball, and will score just as much as Ricky-- only with fewer shots. He has a brutal contract though, and the gamble is if he gets hurt the Celts will be saddled with another Raef-like albatross they won't be able to trade.

As far as the other players go, Blount was a miserable presence in the Boston locker room and his act (and contract) will get old real quick in Minny. Banks and Reed won't do much other than clutter the roster. The Kandi man is dead weight, but was acquired for one reason: to clear up cap space after his deal is up at the end of the year. Jones is a D-League throw-in. However, giving up a #1 in a potentially deep draft in '08 is a bone-head move by McHale.

Overall I like the move from a Celtics standpoint, and it will breath new life into both squads in the short-term. Both of the centerpieces needed a change of scenery and seem like better fits for their new teams. Ricky will be a great complement to KG, and Wally will see a lot of open looks when Pierce gets doubled. I wouldn't be surprised to see both teams make a run in the 2nd half and make the playoffs.

SnapHookSig_435x108.jpg

Archived