Something new for the Atlanta Braves in 2006?

mightynine

Looking at the Braves' mailbag on MLB.com, I noticed this:

Last year, the Braves used an alternate uniform in a red jersey. Are they going to have the red jersey again this year and are there any other changes to the uniforms?

-- Ashley P., Americus, Ga.

It appears the Braves will once again be wearing their red jerseys for Sunday afternoon home games. They haven't confirmed they'll be changing the uniforms in any other way. But one team source gave an impression that there might be another change this year.

While the news that the red unis will make some cringe, the other possible uniform "change" is new to me. Anyone have any hints?

I've noticed the use of the tomahawk A is increasing, i.e. on official merchandise. Perhaps that's becoming the primary?

kU6ns.gif

I've noticed the use of the tomahawk A is increasing, i.e. on official merchandise. Perhaps that's becoming the primary?

Let's hope not. It looks so poorly balanced as a logo it really doesn't work. The tomahawk is so far to the right of the letter that it looks like an afterthought, and it never looks right centered on the cap. IMO the tomahawk looks forced on the cap.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Let's hope not. It looks so poorly balanced as a logo it really doesn't work. The tomahawk is so far to the right of the letter that it looks like an afterthought, and it never looks right centered on the cap. IMO the tomahawk looks forced on the cap.

Agreed. It's near the bottom of MLB caps in my opinion.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• LMU locked this topic

Archived