MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL.com

rmackman

Ever notice how nice MLB.com and NBA.com are as compared to NHL.com. NFL.com isn't bad either, but the NHL site looks kind of outdated compared to the nice sites of the other leagues. I think the NHL needs a new website or something. Just a random thought. Feel free to discuss.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I was just thinking the same. Are most hockey fans near-sighted or something? The link buttons on the left side of the page appear rather large in comparison with the other three pro league websites.

QPR%20Sig.png

NHL.com and NFL.com are the fastest-loading websites. NBA.com was so much scripting going on it has crashed many a web browser. MLB.com also has a lot of scripting and submenus, but at least it loads. It also looks very cluttered.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

My rankings:

NFL - fast loading, has all the key parts to a major sports sight, Gamecast is good

MLB - despite a clustered look, it's one of the better ones

NBA - it's alright, but it's a hassle loading sometimes, and it crashed my previous computer all the time

NHL - outdated, I go to Yahoo! or ESPN to check out up-to-date scores and standings, the NHL players guide is horrible, don't update player pictures as fast as other websites, crappy look/layout

Archived