My Olympic Hockey Predictions

Adam

Hey everyone!

Not really a big time poster on here but I love the site and all the work done on it.

I'm a huge hockey fan and I am really excited about the upcoming Olympic hockey tournaments. In lieu of doing homework for any of my University courses over the past few hours I decided to lay out my predictions for the Men's hockey tourney!

You can check out my predictions here: http://blog.myspace.com/8475996

Let me know what you guys think!

GO CANADA GO!!! :flagcanada:

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

I agree that the Slovaks could have a really good olympics in hockey but I'm not sold on their goaltending still, which is why I don't think they'll even be able to make it to the gold medal game.

On a side note, in your Germany desciption you forgot to mention one of my favourites, Jochen Hecht who is a great player and will probably play on Germany's first line.

I agree that the Slovaks could have a really good olympics in hockey but I'm not sold on their goaltending still, which is why I don't think they'll even be able to make it to the gold medal game.

On a side note, in your Germany desciption you forgot to mention one of my favourites, Jochen Hecht who is a great player and will probably play on Germany's first line.

Well as I said Budaj isn't a superstar but he is dependable and with the D in front of him I don't think he'll have to make too many big stops. He is better than his record indicates. I think Budaj is like a Patrick Lalime put him behind a team that is good he can be great, but put him behind a team that is crappy and he'll bomb. The Slovaks are a good team. The Avs are too but just weren't earlier in the season when Budaj was in net.

My apologies about excluding Hecht I was almost certain I put him in there...I'll make an edit!

Thanks for reading!

SignatureNHL.png

Well as I said Budaj isn't a superstar but he is dependable and with the D in front of him I don't think he'll have to make too many big stops. He is better than his record indicates. I think Budaj is like a Patrick Lalime put him behind a team that is good he can be great, but put him behind a team that is crappy and he'll bomb. The Slovaks are a good team. The Avs are too but just weren't earlier in the season when Budaj was in net.

My apologies about excluding Hecht I was almost certain I put him in there...I'll make an edit!

Thanks for reading!

Wow, Peter Budaj a starter for a national team? Impressive. I had season tickets to the Hershey Bears last year, so I saw plenty of him. If he has decent D(which he didn't in Hershey), he should fair acceptably. Brett Clark was their best D-man in Hershey, and he wasn't very impressive.

Gold Canada

Silver Czech

Bronze USA

I think Finland, Sweedan also could be tough, and Russia will struggle.

U.S. won't even medal. The other teams are that damn good.

Gold: Canada

Silver: Czech Republic

Bronze: Russia (if they can get their act together)

I agree that Canada will win the gold, but you picked the U.S. way too low.

I'm picking bronze for the U.S. Or at least fourth place.

The reason I ranked the States where I did is because of the way I think the groups will end up at the end of the round robin. Having to play The Dominator and the Czechs in the quarters is something I don't see the United States overcoming. And the fact they will end up 7th is because of how in the past when teams from higher echelon countries (ie Canada, USA, Sweden) tend to not care once they are not playing for a medal.

SignatureNHL.png

Archived