Seattle Power Outages

nwtrailtrekker

Tonight, February 4th, 2006, just a night from the seahawks first appearence in the super bowl, a massive storm has hit my own, as well as tens of thousands of homes in the puget sound region of Washington State, in the heart of Seahawk country. Worst hit counties we're Jefferson, Island, and my home Kitsap, but all counties along Puget Sound and along the coast (Whatcom, Skagit, King, Snohomish, Pierce, Clallam, Mason, Thurston, Grays Harbor, etc.) were hit. It's said thousands in seattle's suburbs may not have power til MONDAY! OMG! WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!

The super bowl party my family and i were planning on attending has already been cancelled as they won't have power until monday or tuesday.

Luckily, in the Bremerton area, where i live, power was restored at 7:00 PM, after being out since 9 in the morning.

Crews are working fast to either restore power to powerless homes or keep the power going!

In olympia we lucked out, seemed like we barely got winds over like 20 with some gusts maybe to 40 but definatly not 60 like other places had. And no power went out, couple tree closed some roads for a bit, but power stayed on all night and throughout the day.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Go out and find the cheapest generator you can find or buy some kind of small battery operated TV with an antennae and try to pick it up.

Had something happen like this before around here. During Game 6 of the Cubs' NLCS run in 03, the Insight emergency test ran over all the programs for a minute or two, which just happened to be right before Bartman. All of a sudden the cable pops back on and I see some guy in the stands snatch a foul away from Alou. Added insult to injury for all B/N Cubs fans once we realized what happened.

Archived