Blue Jackets Concept

benpc21

Alright, after seeing people post a few different Blue Jackets concept, I decided to bring to life something I've been playing around with in my head for a while. It all started when I picked up a Blue Jackets CCM practice that is bright red, and i thought how cool red would look as an alternate jersey for the jackets. I then saw the Dayton Bombers (CJBs ECHL team) and they have a red thrid based off of the blue jackets home/road template and that looks sweet. So here is what I thought would look good as a Blue Jackets set. I used the 3rd jersey template becuase I have one and I love how sharp it looks. I think it has a nice mix of modern and classic elements of a jersey. The stripes in the middle of the jersey are taken from the current home/road. Thanks to Roger for the jersey template and name/numbers and Chirs for the logos. (They all should have the 3 stars on the each arm, but after failing to make anything that resembled a star in paint, I gave up.)

Home

BlueJackets-Alternate5.gif

Away

BlueJackets-Alternate7.gif

3rd

BlueJackets-Alternate8.gif

Another Idea I had for a third using the Civil War cap. An alternate alternate if you will.

BlueJackets-Alternate4.gif

SEAsig.png

Nice work, Ben! I really dig these a lot. I like the nod to the Habs jerseys, but I appreciate how you've made these CBJ concepts stand on their own.

The home and road jerseys are by far my favorites, but the red one is missing a little something to put it over the top. Perhaps if it were just the hat without the text around it, it might look a little better. And of course, like most people here, the name and number font must go. Otherwise, all around nice work!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

not bad. i like the away one the best, but i think you should use more gray or silver in the jerseys, i think the blue jackets should be their blue and a gray, no red, green, black, or whatever other colors they have now. especially with the newer 'hat' logo, gray is more prominent. utilize it more.

Thanks for the comments guys. I agee they look like Montreal/the Toronto/Colorado ASG jerseys, and I was trying to stay away from that, but in the end, they looked to bland with out some thing in the middle. I also played around with some without black and more grey, but they looked like they were missing something too. Thanks again.

SEAsig.png

My biggest problem is with the black and blue used in the blue sweater. Honestly, it looks like you started with one, walked away, and came back and finished the concept using the other color but you had intended for only one of them to be there. They don't look right together here in these proportions, they look like a mistake rather than something you did intentionally.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived