McDonalds 2006 Team Canada Jerseys

benpc21

I was running my usual ebay search last night for a Rick Nash jersey, and I came across the mini jerseys McDonads of Canada has put out for this years olympics. I remeber when they did this 2 years ago for the Canadian NHL teams and it was a success and I'm glad they did it again. I wish we did this here in the States, but i know the demand for mini hockey jerseys wouldn't be same. There are only two USA Olympic hockey things that come to mind with a fast food chain in the US which was Wendys pushed it pretty hard in 1998, and then this year McDonalds has Mike Modano on their bags (in the wrong jersey, with the wrong number on it (#8), but don't get me started on that), I wish we promoted it more here. I guess overall, its so rad that they produce these things and the attention to detail seems pretty good, they have stitched front crests and there are even little mesh parts under the arms, but they do have Lecavalier #4, when he'll wear #40 this year. I know its just a tool for McDonalds to make money, but I'll give them my money when they produce stuff this cool.

Heres the link Mini Team Canada Jerseys :flagcanada:

Oh and the TV spot with Wayne is rad.

SEAsig.png

Anyone else notice that the commercial McDonald's is running for this has the wrong number on Lecavalier's jersey? They're advertising his mini-jersey with no. 4, which he does wear with the Lightning but will not be wearing in Torino. Rob Blake has no. 4, so Lecavalier will wear no. 40.

Its actually not just the commercail, but they actaul jersey as well. They all have him wearing #4 and there is a statement on their web site about how it was "the most up to date info" when they started production. Seems weird, becuase Blake has seniorority anyway.

SEAsig.png

• LMU locked this topic

Archived