Omaha Royals Concept

huskeraddict

This is my first concept. After seeing an Omaha Royals game in action, I thought something was missing. I thought that Omaha should go with something that's close to Kansas City. After some sketching this is what I came up with

C&C Please. Hope you like :D

omaharoyalsconcept7wp.png

If the O was different, it would work. A possible revision is needed. Other than that, good job.

I agree that the only problem with this seems to be the font for the O and the numbers. It's just a bit hard to read is all. But I like the way it's connected to Kansas City without losing it's own identity. Good first concept. Maybe you should do something about those Isotopes uniforms now.

nhl94vansigpng.png

Hmm...

Biggest issues are the wordmark and the numbers.

WORDMARK: looks like "Omaba". And since the team nickname is a script wordmark, your choices are either match the exact font or not use script. Either way, a different script font is not the way to go.

NUMBERS: Could work. But IMO they're a little too exotic for Omaha.

I've never been a fan of black and royal blue together. It looks most awkward here on your caps - the black shield on a blue cap is very dark and blurry. You may want to add a border stripe in a light color for contrast.

Not bad for your first go-round, and :welcome:.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Those look great. I agree the current logo needs to be changed, the red and blue for royals do not work OmahaRoyals_PL.gif

-from SSUR

I personaly think that if they dont want to copy exactly yours looks realy nice it brings alot of attention to the O.

There is another logo they have used that I am fond of 98557639_b99c8ee0b9_o.jpg

I am not sure what years it was used but I think it is close and similar nough to KC to know the connection. (sorry about the quality...off an old cap)

midsize_photo4930be259bd6d886649203.jpg

I like overall what you've done, but there's two things I'd definitely change:

The number font just isn't working. It's too ornate for a number font.

I'd also change the font of the "Omaha" in the logo. Using two different script fonts doesn't look good. A simple sans-serif font would make a world of difference.

Archived