Millwaukee is back

A123

There have been rumors for the last few years about Brian Noble, former Packer and current part-owner of the af2 Blizzard, trying to get an Arena team in Milwuakee. Among the rumors:

- he's recruited players to play for the Blizzard by promising that he was close to getting his team promoted to AFL from af2

- he had an offer on the table to purchase and move the Indiana Firebirds

- at a recent fan event in Green Bay, people within the organization were indicating that a team would be in Milwaukee next year

I still think that, long term, issues with the Bradley Center will need to be worked out. Since I've bought season tickets for the Blizzard this year, you know I'd be in line to buy tickets for the new Mustangs, the Iron/Hogs, or whatever they call them.

It's where I sit.

I wish Milwaukee luck on landing an AFL team, although I have my doubts Noble will be in the ownership group.

1) If he was the owner that they had supposedly "sold" the Firebirds too (the sale that got overruled because it was for way too little money) then I doubt he has the financial assets to land an overpriced AFL expansion team.

2) I have my doubts as to the Green Bay Blizzard being around next year (the team was not doing well financially, and drastically reducing ticket prices shouldn't help-the best case scenario for them IMO is they lose as much money this year as last)

3) You can't "promote" an af2 organization.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm not sure that his offer was the one that was for too little when compared to expansion fees. I've only heard that he was involved in an offer. Whether that was only hte discussoin stage or it was actually made, I don't know.

I understand that he can't promote his team (or that the league wouldn't do it). I'm just saying that this has been a recruiting technique used on players.

The Blizzard have already more than doubled their season ticket base from last year to this year, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was tripled by the time the season starts. While that comes on the heels of lower prices, more fans can't be a bad thing. That being said, I'm still not sure how the finances of the team are.

It's where I sit.

Archived