Flyers concept

CheeseHusker

My first hockey concept...woot.

The orange jersey is meant to be the primary. I did a black jersey just for the sake of completeness, but I don't think it turned out as well as the other two. I'm not terribly fond of alternate jerseys in general.

This is using the swift template and is an attempt to make it tasteful and somewhat consistent with the Flyers look of the 70s which I thought was their best look. I went back to a slightly redder orange; comparing photos of the Clarke-Parent era to that of today, the orange seems more washed out now.

My main issue with the Flyers jerseys right now is that the black one doesn't have enough orange, and the orange one doesn't have enough black.

I've dumped the silver altogether, cause it sucks. :P

flyers-orange.gif

flyers-white.gif

flyers-black.gif

IMO the black shoulder inserts look really odd on these. Maybe you could keep those the same color as the sleeves, but then add black the the mesh area in the arm-pit (and then extend it down the side?)

Also, the Flyers don't use their actual logo on their jerseys. They remove the black outline (and have slightly modified wings, but that's really minor.) The presense of a black outline doesn't look horrible on the orange jersey, but really stands out (to me anyway) on the white sweater. I'd probably remove it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not too bad, but I'd have to learn to like this.

It's just too patchwork - big chunks of color thrown together, color panels appearing and ending, contrast-colored mesh inserts... it looks more like a quilt in Flyers' colors. One of the things I like most about the Flyers' look now (excluding the alt) is the way everything flows together. The shoulders and sleeves are offset with thick stripes, and curve nicely to form their distinctive shape. Their look is much simpler than what you're going for here. And the shoulders are black on all three looks, which 1) they have never done; and 2) looks out of place on a black sweater, since there's no contrast.

Also, the Flyers use a different number font. It's most evident with the number "2", which has a diagonal bar instead of a horizontal bar through the middle of the number. It is noticeable, and it does make a difference.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I really don't care for the mesh around the arm-pits, and as jkrdevil said the stripes on the socks are too high. I like how you didn't use any silver, I agree I don't like it, but this is a pretty good concept, with some minor tweak I could really see myself liking this one. Good Job.

Archived