Sports Franchise Relocations

StarrDogg

CFL: None. All 9 teams are intact!!!

I wouldn't be so sure about that ... apparently the Gooberma? I mean, Gliebermans ? are thinking about pulling the plug on the Renegades: TSN.ca

Already? Sheesh.

How in the hell do you lose money operating a team in the CFL? The salary cap is $3.8M CDN. How can you not draw enough fans to cover that in 9 home dates?

How the hell do you lose money with the Renegades? The league's newest team, with the coolest logo in the league, in the nation's capital?

Sounds like there's some serious mismanagement in Ottawa.

nav-logo.png

I wouldn't be so sure about that ... apparently the Gooberma? I mean, Gliebermans ? are thinking about pulling the plug on the Renegades: TSN.ca

Already? Sheesh.

How in the hell do you lose money operating a team in the CFL? The salary cap is $3.8M CDN. How can you not draw enough fans to cover that in 9 home dates?

How the hell do you lose money with the Renegades? The league's newest team, with the coolest logo in the league, in the nation's capital?

From what I've read from our Canadian friends' postings, this is the M.O. when it comes to the Gliebermans and sports franchises:

1. Take over a team.

2. Run it as cheaply and poorly as possible.

3. Ruin the team and alienate your dedicated fan base.

4. Fold team, declare success, wait for next opportunity to destroy a franchise.

In other words, it's "Jeffrey Loria North." Somebody with a pistol track down these jerkstores.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Already? Sheesh.

From what I've read from our Canadian friends' postings, this is the M.O. when it comes to the Gliebermans and sports franchises:

1. Take over a team.

2. Run it as cheaply and poorly as possible.

3. Ruin the team and alienate your dedicated fan base.

4. Fold team, declare success, wait for next opportunity to destroy a franchise.

In other words, it's "Jeffrey Loria North." Somebody with a pistol track down these jerkstores.

Wow ... that's pretty much spot-on. The only part you're missing is the one about the ill-thought-out Mardi Gras promotion at one end of the stadium. Nice work; you sure you're not just a Canuck in hiding? ^_^:flagcanada:

The only problem is that I heard the team was starting to founder before the Glieberman(sp?) family bought it - meaning that it was mismanaged almost from day one.

Again though, it baffles me that with the financial structure the CFL has, teams always seem to be teetering between profitability and bankruptcy.

nav-logo.png

Archived