Anyone here play lacrosse?

Steve-O

Steve-O

We played a Lacrosse Unit in high school and during my physical education "activities class".

In fact I just started our LaX unit (box) today with my 7th & 8th graders.  Working on the fundamentals.  We do skills & drills for 3 days then play a 5 day league  play(games).

I teach P.E. to middle school boys.  Great game! :cool:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

i thought about playing on UW Whitewater's lax team (club level, as Wisconsin's not exactly a lax hotbed) but i was too damn lazy to act on it.  i figure i'd make a decent goalie, and can someone tell me if dallas eliuk still rules?  cus i ain't seen the wings in years (damn espn2)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I've thought about going out for goalie for my highschool team, but we've got a great goalie squad now. I figure I'd make a decent goalie with my experience as a baseball catcher and a little as a hockey goalie. I'm also 6'3'' 220lbs. Our boys team won state for the first time and our girls lost state for the first time. I think this was the 4th season they played last year. Probably more.

Don't want to sound like an idiot, but what's the difference between box and field?

Box is played indoors on a dry ice hockey rink or on turf. You are allowed hitting anytime when your team does not possess the ball, crosscheck is legal and other various violent moves are legal. In field you use huge 9 foot defending sticks but all the indoor stuff is the same length, everyone moves up and down the field like in basketball so you get a chance to play O and D. The nets in box are also way smaller and the goalies actually wear chest protectors like in hockey. If you ever get a chance to play box lacrosse I highly recommend it. The sport absolutely rocks.

Archived