UA and Texas Tech

BawlmerOreos

Does Under Armour take both men's and women's basketball uniforms? I know that schools can have different companies for each sport (ie Nike for bball, Adidas for soccer), just depending on who the school signs contracts with.

I can't recall what the Maryland men's hoops uniforms look like, but I know the women are wearing Nike. Maybe UA is just starting out slowly and will move into womens sports later?

n5733371_30652328_9473.jpg

Below is the content of the article. As far as the Terp question, Nike does their mens and womens basketball, UA does football. UA currently only handles football for UMD, Auburn and now Texas Tech.

Baltimore-based Under Armour, a manufacturer of performance apparel and footwear, announced today a five-year agreement to be the official outfitter for the Texas Tech University football team.

The agreement, which will begin in June, is one of several affiliations Under Armour has been making in the world of college athletics.

"Under Armour provides athletes with a performance advantage on the field," Kevin Plank, Under Armour's chairman and CEO, said in a statement. "This partnership with Texas Tech is a great match for Under Armour and builds on our commitment to grow alliances with some of the leading football programs in the country."

In 2004, Under Armour became the official outfitter for the University of Maryland football team. Plank is a Maryland alum and former member of the university's football team. Under Armour also struck an apparel deal with Alabama-based Auburn University in December of last year.

Shares of Under Armour stock (Nasdaq: UARM) were trading at $34.97, as of early this afternoon.

Located in Lubbock, Texas, the Texas Tech Red Raiders participate in Division I-A football's Big 12 conference.

UA will be providing all uniforms for all sports at Auburn, according to the release on their website.

I've read that the Auburn football unis won't be touched, but hopefully it means a change for the men's basketball unis. The Copperplate needs to be replaced.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

They use Copperplate for several sports including Softball and Baseball, but I think it's a Russell Athletic thing, so I'd imagine that will change.

I will also say that Auburn's Sports Information department uses Copperplate on many of their official documents, so it may remain.

The only changes I've heard is a possible orange piping on the Auburn away jerseys (similar to Michigan's maize piping on their whites)

However, the basketball team should change in 2006-2007 and then the baseball team will change in 2008 after their contract with Puma expires.

And the next Under Armour commerical is supposed to feature Auburn, a la Maryland in the past.

Archived