Toronto MLS

matrix82

the best move the MLS has made has been to encourage smaller soccer-specific sites. it doesn't look good on TV if Chicago have 25,000 fans (a respectable MLS crowd) at Soldier Field. Even if they had 35k people in the stands, that's not even half of Soldier Field, is it? having smaller cauldrons makes for better TV, ironically enough.

A 20-25,000 seat stadium is perfect for the MLS. i was suprised to find out how many english clubs play in venues that small. filling that size in america is a great sign

That is one of my pet peeves (playing in 50,000 seat + stadiums). In Seattle, I'd rather see the Sounders in a sold out, 10,000 seat Memorial Stadium than a cavernously empty Seahawks Stadium with 13,000 fans.

My other pet peeve would be playing on American football fields that don't have the American football lines removed. You know, the white lines are American football and the yellows lines are for the soccer field. I'd rather watch a match on dirt!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got a source on that, quad?

I've got the most reliable source on this .... the MLS website ^_^

Toronto name, logo to be unveiled

Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment will announce the name of its MLS team Thursday at 11:30 a.m. ET at Exhibition Place in Toronto. MLS Commissioner Don Garber will join MLSE executives Larry Tanenbaum and Tom Anselmi for the announcement. The team begins play in 2007.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived