Bad jersey ever or mistake

Notch Novelty

I attended the Niagara and UNH game, NU upset UNH 5-2 but anyways Niagara might have the worst jersey ever seen in college hockey or possibly a mistake. Niagara jersey is majority Purple with a giantic "N" on the front with vintage strings. The "N" is the whole front. It's horrible. Awful. I highly doubt it was a mistake but who knows. I can't find a pic of it anywhere though. The homes are nice. College Hockey didn't do the switch like NHL did this year. Which is good.

Actualy, the CCHA (Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, etc.) did make the switch, but everyone elso is wearing white at home and dark on the road.

As to Niagara, they havn't had a good jersey since the first style they had between the start of the program and around 2001.  It wouldn't supprise me at all if what you describe was exactly what they intended.  I would like to see a pic, however.  Nothing in the Buffalo newspaper?

Moose

From that angle the jerseys look nice. I believe the mascot of Niagra is the Purple Eagles, and the logo I have makes it's a horrible looking bird-bad logo.  Looks more like a vulture.

Try e.mailing the athletic dept. of NU and ask them to send you a .jpg (pix) of the jersey. ???

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

check out www.purpleeagles.com/sports/mhockey

Look through the stories and you'll find pics of the players.  It appears the white jersey has "NIAGARA" on the front, written diagonal Rangers style.  The purple jersey on the site has the bird logo, I think.  I think the shoulder logo on both is a white NU logo.  

The white jersey has arm length stripes.  Big purple trimmed in silver and black.  Matching hem.  The road I really don't know, but if it is striped like the home in that arm length style, then it is like the CBJ's road and is purple all the way around.  I have only seen this jersey in individual player photos, bust style.  That jersey in the pic linked a few posts above is the L.A. Kings 3rd jersey, and I think it is NU's 3rd as well.  Can't verify the logo.

The home jersey looks to be either a Flyers pattern or a USA Olympic pattern.  The road jersey is the LA Kings' alternate jersey.

I don't know what's so hideous about having an N on the front of a jersey.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Sabers7200 is right,

The shoulder patch is NU with the Purple Eagle head in the center of the letters.  Good Eye Sabes!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

After a little internet searching, I was able to find a slightly obscured, but better pic showing the front of the jersey in question. As Sabres7200 said, it's the Kings 3rd pattern. The large "N" is the front crest with the eagle head on the shoulders.

See pic here:

(http://www4.fosters.com/News200....26b.asp)

If you go to http://www.gvjerseys.com and search for CHA jerseys, they have pics of an earlier Niagara home and alt.

Archived