Jersey question...

sc49erfan15

Ok, I got bored so I went in Goodwill yesterday, sometimes they have some cool electronics stuff, and sometimes even jerseys. They had obviously just put a lot of new stuff out, and I found a white Hurricanes jersey. I don't know the difference between an authentic hockey jersey and the real ones (it has shoulder patches, all the stripes and the front patch is sewn on) but I picked it up anyway ($3.79 :D). Only problem is, somebody had "Newman" and the number 5 screenprinted on the back. Is there any way I can remove this?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

how thick is the lettering? if it's thick, try heating it up real hot with an iron (jersey inside out) and peeling the unwanted stuff off. if the print is thin, you may be able to blast it off with a textile chemical gun.

either way screen print is not supposed to come off.

another way might be to do a coverup panel for the name and stick with the number 5.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I remember when I got my first Ducks jersey ten years ago, I immediately dreamed of having my name and number on it.  The only cost effective option was to take it to my local sports store and have them heat seal the letters on.  The thing was, the first time they tried it, all the letters were peeling off the next day. A week later I got it on permanently.

Now I wish I hadn't done it because I can't just sell a good usuable Ducks jersey with L. SCANLAN on the back, now can I?

Maybe I'll frame it and hang it in my dream sports bar.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• 3 weeks later...
I tried doing what you said, heating the inside of the jersey up with an iron and peeling the printing off. It got somewhat gooey and rubbed off a little on the front shoulder. Doh. I think I'll try Shark's way when I get some time. I would consider getting a nameplate sewn on it and keeping the 5, but it's in that generic block font, obviously not what the Canes use. Oh well.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived